My car has a flat tire. Sick. It wasn't flat all at once, either. It took its damn time deflating. Which could mean that it had a nail in it, according to mom. Sunday night I dropped it off at the STS station down the street and walked home alone in the dark. I need to talk more walks. They're wonderful. // Early Monday morning I got up and rode my bike for the first time in a long time. Dropped off my keys so they could work on my car. I packed up my room and ate some breakfast, plopped on the couch and put on the TV. What's on besides How to Train Your Dragon. Cool. Might as well watch it. // An hour later they call me and my car is fixed. Since Frank overslept his alarm and was two hours late for school, I asked him to drop me off on his way. Car fixed, take it home, throw all of my shit into it and hit the road. Trying to get to Lehigh as quick as possible, because my friend needed a ride to King of Prussia at 12:15.
When we got back I went to my storage unit with Alec (the bestie is back from Prague thank god). He was a good sport about it. I sat at his house for half an hour while we finished an episode of X-files before we left. X-files is really creepy. I can't tell if I like it or not. // Moved stuff into my house. Time to cook dinner at his house. We goofed around before making dinner, and were only half paying attention to any of the cooking we were doing. I got to meet his new friend kevin. Dinner was pasta with chicken and onions and brussel sprouts. The Frisbee girls came over to see his house for the first time. We did hoodrat things. Jk. we sat around. I fell asleep on his couch and drove home around midnight.
Tuesday:
It was raining on Tuesday. I didn't move things into my storage unit. I didn't do much of anything. So I went for a run. I got lost between the bridges, and ended up out there for 45 minutes. It was cold and wet. I couldn't tell if I was sweating or just soaking wet.
Next, picked up Alec to go to the grocery store to get all the fixings for the first of many Taco Tuesdays. Picked up Em from work on our way. I don't like grocery shopping. I don't know how to do it. I don't know what I need to buy. I don't know how to adult. I go in there and just grab all the things I could possibly think of that I'll need to eat. No rhyme or reason. Disregarding all money. It's a terrible approach.
Brought my groceries to my house, and didn't want to drive my car to Alec's house because, well, ya know, taco tuesday also means tequila tuesday. Gotta be safe, ya hear? So I wrote my tiny little penny board to his house. I need to invest in a long board eventually. Or bring my bike out here. Although the penny board is quite a workout. Emily made guac, Alec and Brad cooked, and the rest of the girls made the drinks. It was the most delicious taco tuesday I've ever had. such a success.
Alec's house has a pullup bar, so we created a "toll". You have to do two pull ups every time you enter the living room to pay the toll. We're all gonna have jacked arms one day.
We played this game. OH my god. There were about ten of us. and you sit at a table in a circle. Each person gets dealt one card at a time. It's called Kings. The first person to get dealt a king gets to go choose any alcohol they want and put it on the table. The next person who gets a king gets to go choose a mixer. Mind you, to be considered a mixer, it has to be a liquid and have an alcohol percentage of below 5%. The third person to be dealt a king gets to mix the drinks in a cup any way they want to. The person who gets the last king has to drink whatever drink is made by the first three kings. FOR EXAMPLE. We had olive oil and Gin, Apple Pie Moonshine and Grenadine, Tequila and Almond Milk, Buttercup Schnapps and Rum Chata, etc. You get the point. It's absolutely ridiculous and I can't believe we played it. We even added a rule that if you got dealt two of a kind during one round, you had to chug a cream based Genessee ale before it was over. Lord send help.
I walked home with diva and dot, and I had my skateboard. The street behind their house is hill, and it was too steep to stand up and skateboard down, so, I sat. I put my feet on the ground infront of me as brakes, and I just straight street luged it down. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. I continued to luge down more streets on my way home. For some reason I was feeling very ambitious on my ride home, and I made it home in record time. However, as soon as I got outside of my house, LIke twenty feet in front of it, I wiped out so hard. I was getting cocky so I was drifting left and right, and it was going fine except for the fact that the roads were wet. So much blood. much bandaids needed. I fell asleep with an open water in my bed, and I woke myself up by jerking really fast and the entire water bottle (one liter because Nalgene) splashed all over me like a tidal wave. I was soaked from head to hips, my pillows were soaked, my sheets and mattress were soak. So stripped my bed of the sheets, stripped myself of my clothes, and went to sleep.
Wednesday: Although Wednesday isn't over yet, this is when I find myself writing the blog. I have done two things today, paid my rent, and got the rest of my room stuff out of my storage unit. Since then, I've been sitting on the floor of my room feebly attempting to put everything in a place and make it feel like a room. I found my fan and it's been drying off my mattress for the past 3 hours. How exactly do you dry a mattress? Not sure. Winging it. Alec suggested Gold Bond. I believed him for a hot second then was like, wait that's stupid.
Tonight in store for myself I'm thinking monopoly or scrabble with the friends, and some more sleeping. Am I going to continue using my skateboard even though I ate shit last night? absolutely. Practice makes perfect. and it's a better workout than walking.
Here are some songs because music.
Surrender - cash cash
beautiful now - zedd (this on is a little creepy but I like it)
lastly...
waiting for love - avicii