Thursday, May 8

Born To Die

When I started this post, I was sitting on my couch watching "Celebrity Game Show". They create two teams consisting of one regular people and three celebrities. Then they partake in a bunch of ridiculous taboo/charades-like games and win the regular people money. It's hosted by the lesbian gym teacher from Glee. I don't know her name and I'm too lazy to google it but she's funny and a good game show host. I'm only watching this because I have no idea where the clicker is.

* Shout-out to Rachel Naurath (Becca's sister) on receiving UVA's nomination for the NCAA's woman of the year. Can't even begin to describe how cool that is. Pretty much the most famous person I'm moderately acquainted with. Congrats Ray!! *

I've gone blue. I bought myself an iPhone 5s so I could get rid of my galaxy S3. After going from an iPhone to a galaxy back to an iPhone, I'm very happy with my apple product. But apple products make non apple products a pain to use. It's so much simpler to have a mac computer and an iPhone and have messages and pictures and such transfer super easy.


Today was the first full day I spent at home from Lehigh this summer. With sophomore year behind me, I began today at 6am brainstorming, "how am I going to finish my Web Applications final". AKA My sophomore year wasn't done until I handed in this assignment. I had to make a mobile game. I decided upon 2048 with a twist. I did my best attempt at replicating 2048 using pictures of my face. I named it Twenty-Forty-Aly. I almost beat it today too. this was the game. but I made one mistake and lost. Devastated. 

I was at the pet store with mom today. For What? you ask. a Cat harness and leash, of course. Why? you ask. So mom can make me walk the cat, of course. So fifteen minutes of my day was spent trying to put Kitty in a harness. A half an hour of my day was spent walking Kitty around the back yard. Didn't hate it. She was awkward at first, then was frolicking and pouncing around like baby Simba in the Lion King in the Sahara.  SonnyCat wasn't too keen on the harness, so we couldn't let him outside. He's handsome though. He just doesn't know how to Cat. He falls a lot. and hasn't meow'd once since I met him. Joe was eating a tuna sub yesterday and was rudely interrupted. Please let me show you how cute it was.


OH. u thot I was kidding? THENK AGIN. 




Yesterday was my last day at Lehigh, and it was spent crawling underneath Becca's two beds helping her clean out her room so she could go home too. I was packed the day before seeing how my parents came up to visit equipped with a hand truck and all. Typical. While packing her room, this is what was stored under her bed. 

it was a sad, beautiful, tragic sight. 


Moving out for the second time wasn't bad at all. Sold some textbooks for quick cash, and I high-tailed it out of there. Miss ya Lehigh. Oh wait. see you in a week... 

I'm not too happy about the amount of time Bex and I have to spend apart, considering we're attached at the hip. Funny how you can be with someone almost 24 hours of the day, every day, and still miss them when they're gone. People like those you need to keep around as long as you can. We won't be apart for more than two weeks before she stops back at Lehigh for a night before she leaves for Tanzania. and then France and London. But boy am I gonna miss her. 

Everything happens for a reason. People are put into and taken out of our lives for a reason. I do truly believe this. I read on Humans of New York today, a photo blog and now book, about one mans analogy towards life and goods and bads. I'll quote for you so I don't make it up and get it wrong.

"Listen, a person is like a rubber band ball. We've all got a lot of bad rubber bands, and a lot of good rubber bands, and they're all wrapped up together. And you've got to have both types of bands or your rubber band ball ain't gonna bounce. And no use trying to untangle them. You know what I'm saying?"

yeah old man, I do. I feel ya. 

Plans for the imminent and somewhat far-off future include:
  • Sunday night - back to Lehigh.
  • Monday morning begin 8 week Composting project as Lehigh as a Summer Fellowship.
  • June 1st - the lease begins of my very first house that isn't my parents or a dorm room. 
  • End of August - beginning of my junior year of college.

Currently sitting in my living room, watching the NFL Draft with mom and Joe, eating hot subs Joe brought home for dinner. Joe's Cigar smoke is whisked around the room by the ceiling fan. Cats roaming around the floors. Mom playing games on her iPad. I miss home.

The Born to Die album (2012) by Lana Del Ray is the namesake for this blog post. I cannot. stop. listening to her lately. The entire album. SO good. sexual. summer. it's just great.


enjoyxxxxx