Sunday, May 11

Dreamgirl

Lying on a blowup mattress, fan full blast in my face, wearing only an oversized frat tank top. Let's back track to how we got here.


I've started the 100 Happy Days Challenge. I recommend it to everyone. I'm on day 3. I want to appreciate the little things that make me happy more than I do now. I also want to be generally happier so I don't piss off my mom as much.

My Saturday started off with a smoothie from rejuice. and it was spectacular. Then I spent the rest of the day at Josh's organizing the garage and planting Fescue plants. If you don't know what a fescue is, google it. The warm weather is rejuvenating my soul. Seasonal depression is definitely a real thing.




I saw the Amazing Spider-Man 2 with Betty Saturday night. I cried all the tears ever. I won't spoil anything, but my god it was so good. I loved it. and I recommend it. Although it scared the shit out of my at some parts. Such anxiety. If you've seen the movie, Don't think I didn't download Peter Parker's cool spidey ringtone, because I definitely did. Also, Almost got us hit by like 4 cars because I decided to turn into an exit instead of an entrance. Whoops. Sorry not sorry. I'm actually just a terrible driver.


Today was lazy and I loved it. It was my last day at home. I love showering. I especially love bathrooms with windows that let in a lot of light. Because then I can shower in just the natural light and it feels like I'm showering outside. When I'm older and have a house of my own, I can guarantee you that it will have an outdoor shower, if not multiple. My mom bought guacamole body wash. Well, technically it's "olay ribbons with avocado oil".. but it's green and mushy, like guacamole. I have a life proof case on my iPhone. Meaning, it comes everywhere with me. Showers are no exception. Happy mother's day to all the moms reading this. or to all the children of mothers who are reading this and can relay the message for me. Mom and I spent most of our day reorganizing my things, doing laundry, packing my car, playing with Sonny and Kitty (mainly me torturing them. like putting an upside down laundry basket on top of Kitty to trap her, and trying to put Sonny in my pants). You know, the usual. THEN. we went on an adventure. to Surf Taco. Where we played Connect 4 and I lost, and we ate tacos and guacamole and chips and salsa and burritos and drank fountain drinks from the magical 20092384 combination touch-screen Coke Machine. So basically my day was fantastic. Because I have the best mom in the whole world. Who tolerates me more than anyone I know. Except maybe Becca. She's pretty tolerant too. I'm just a trying person. Almost apologies to everyone around me at any given moment for any given period of time.

At 5pm sharp I got in my car and left to go back to Lehigh. This drive is hands down my second favorite drive to make in the world. The first one is down Route 35 south towards Normandy Beach. But this one holds a special place in my heart. It's full of luscious trees and winding roads and flowing rivers, and let me tell you, there is just something about looking out on the Delaware river with the sun reflecting off the surface in all different directions being pulled and distorted by the currents like the water is on fire that makes the world feel absolutely beautiful. I mean, match that view up with some bangin music, and that my friends, is what gave me my happiness for Day 3 of my happy days challenge. Not that spending mother's day with my mom didn't make me happy, because it did. But this just struck a chord in me differently.

A thought was running through my mind during this drive. And it's that if you are unhappy with how things are around you, raise your expectations, and then don't take no for an answer. Fight for what you want. for what you need. for your happiness. and Don't stop until you get it. Happiness isn't a destination, it's the traveling. It's the journey. It's the adventure. You don't "find" happiness. Happiness finds you, while you're doing all the things that you love to do. You don't sit around your room saying "why am I not happy? " and expect happiness to fall into your lap. You do things. You make things. You meet people. and Make connections. You try, and you fail, and you try some more. You find things. You lose things. You find new music. You find music that's older than you, but it's still new to you. You learn things. You forget things, and then remember them again. While you're doing all of these things, you're gonna look around and think to yourself, "wow. I'm happy." So I hope you all are doing things. and finding your own happiness in all of the things you are doing. I believe in Do-ers. rather than talkers. because everyone can talk, and anyone can do, but people always choose talking over doing. and I don't get it.

I'm staying at my friend Rachel's house until our lease starts at our Hillside house (reppin 543). The room I get to stay in is on the third floor. I walked up as soon as I got here to check it out and it was hot as balls. like approximately 98.6 degrees. Window, open. Fan, in. On. Sweat. So much sweat. Soaked clothes. Naked. Standing infront of the fan. Catching my breath. Cool. Gotta cool down. Ugh. Hot weather calls for short sentences. You just can't have lengthy sentences in heat like this. I'm moved in and unpacked in an hour. Time to do some business on my computer, which consisted of me lying on my bed, no pants on, wearing just a frat tank. And that brings us back to the beginning post.


<<< -- After





















enjoy xx