Monday, January 19

Stoned in Paradise

*****AS OF MIDNIGHT, TONIGHT, JANUARY 20TH, MY LITTLE BROTHER IS OFFICIALLY 17 YEARS OF AGE, AND WILL BE GETTING HIS DRIVER'S LICENSE (HOPEFULLY) SOMETIME TODAY AROUND 9AM I'M OFFICIALLY FREAKING OUT OKAY BYE*****


Sometimes I have so many words in my head, I can't do anything else until I open a new blog post and write everything down. Today, I've been staring at this blank sheet for an hour and a half.
Why can't relationships and friendships be as easy in real life as they are in F.R.I.E.N.D.S.? Makin my expectations too high.

I woke up at 9:44am, in time to catch my 9:45am alarm. I do that a lot. It's like, I know I need to wake up by a certain time, so my body wakes me up. I had time to take a shower, and thankfully, it was warmer than room temp. We've been having shower issues, where sometimes it gives you perfectly normal, hot shower water, and sometimes it wants to be malicious and only spit out the coldest water it can find. Those days, I decide showering is for the weak.

I got lost looking for my first classroom this morning. No surprise. Chandler-Ullman is a pure labyrinth. Truth be told, I was only lost because I went in through the back/side door, instead of the front. Had I gone in the front door, I would've almost literally walked into my classroom. I was lucky enough to have Gabby and Lauryn in my class to sit next to. It's Social Psychology. All about how people and society influences other people. Right up my alley.

I drove my car to the house for lunch today. My driver's side window has been stuck down for three days now, AND I've gotten two Lehigh parking tickets within the passed ten days. So I'm having a good time with all of that. Over the passed three days it has snowed twice, and rained for almost 24 hours. Needless to say, I couldn't wait to drop it off at the repair shop, despite it being $270 to fix. That's on top of the $457 I spend on textbooks for the semester. Why is money so important? I think money is meant to be spent. It's just paper. The mechanic (someone referred to me by my parents via connections they have through the restaurant, I swear they know everybody) said it would probably be done tomorrow. Crossin' my fingers, because I have to be a driver for zeta laser tag tomorrow night !!

I spent my time between classes today cleaning my entire house. Vacuuming, rearranging things, trying to keep the fruit flies from multiplying by the thousands, you know, basic stuff. Alexisssss stopped by to visit before she went to her sister's house. I love that girl. (hi al). I never got an email about my afternoon class being cancelled today, so I went there anyway, just to find out in person that it had been cancelled. HoOOoooOOOw considerate of them. I went home, returned my keys to my old landlord, and locked myself in my room for the rest of the night. I ordered Wings and Such for myself, and I have to say, it was extremely sub-par. HOWEVER. I did find the largest curly fry in the history of curly fries. Alec came over to give me a suitable distraction from the rest of the world. He's my go to guy, especially in that category.
I had to steal this from Emilia's snap chat, but, LOOK AT THAT SUCKER. it was enormous. like. a snake or something. I couldn't believe it, or breath because I was laughing too hard. I mean, come on.

By the end of the night, I have watched seven episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S., and now I'm passing out. I have two classes tomorrow, and the first one is in the same room as my Monday, Wednesday, Friday morning class as well. CU-230. Let's try not to get lost again, shall we?