Tuesday, January 20

Elastic Heart

I finally figured out how to get to my morning classroom. It's a good thing, too, because I have class in there every single day from now until the end of the semester. Economics class wasn't what I expected it to be, probably because I had zero expectations about it. My professor wasn't who I expecting to see either. He's this old man, with white hair, and eyebrows so long that they pop up and over his glasses. He could legit comb them. But he's enthusiastic and really loves economics, so I have high hopes for this class.

I had a two hour break between classes. After fervently seeking someone to drive me to the mechanic, I ended up just calling a cab. To be fair, I was asking people in the middle of the day, who, unlike me have actual classes and stuff. I hopped in the back seat and it gave an uncomfortable squish. It smelled like pine sol covering throw up and coffee spills, which only added to the nausea I had developed from being jerked around in the back seat of this speeding death trap. Being able to get out, hand him my $11 and get the keys to my car was a beautiful relief. You never realize how much you take having windows for granted, until you break yours and it gets stuck down for three days. in the rain. and snow.



I treated myself to WaWa for lunch; a jalapeno cheese filled pretzel, a Naked juice, half a hoagie, and a vanilla chai latte. The vanilla chai was BOMB. It was so good. I recommend it to all. It even came with round little ice pieces, that are more like ice chips, ya know what I mean? I thought they were only a southern thing, or a sonic thing, but appaz they have them at WaWa too. I know where I'm going the next time I want a vanilla iced chai latte.

My second class of the day is with one of my favorite professors. I've been a grader for him for five of his classes before, six if you count this semester too, and ten if you count this up coming summer. I've also taken almost all of the classes he's offered. He's a computer science professor. Absolutely da best. He has this funny laugh, where it sounds like of like "Hyuk yuk yuk" only I'm not even kidding. Whenever he laughs like that, the whole class stifles a giggle into their notebooks. This is the first time in his career that he's taught a 75 minute class two days a week instead of a 50 minute class three days a week, and the class actually convinced him that he should give us a BREAK in the middle of class. Never have I ever had a break in a class, where I just got up to walk around, or pee, or whatever. It was great. I'm not sure how long it will take him to figure out that nobody else does that, or if he ever will.

I picked up my textbooks from the mail store.. wait. post office? I actually just typed mail store. anyway, I spoiled myself with some new pens at the bookstore too. For those of you who don't know, I love pens. not expensive ones, or quality ones, I just have certain pens that I love to write with, very specific ones, and I buy them in bulk. My current favorites are Uniball, black ink, OR sharpie pens with blue ink, and sometimes the good ol' papermates that are pure blue, the whole pen. YOuuu know which ones I'm talking about. Classic pen. Today, I got two new sharpie pens. I've continued to take all of my notes with them today.

I watched F.R.I.E.N.D.S. until 6:20pm and then it was LASER TAG TIME. I've only ever gone lazur tagging once before, last year, at Zeta's date party in the spring. I then continued to roll my ankle not AT laszer tag, but after it, getting off the the bus. *face of shame*. However this year was much different. First off, I made my "username" TaylorSwift. Then, after a hot round of Dance Dance Revolution in the arcade, it was time for domination. During the first time our group got to go, we were split into teams, and of course, I was on the red team. shocker there. and my harness number was 1. So you could say I was set up to win. and Win I did. but, actually. it was a team thing, but I got the highest score of not only the red team, but the blue team as well. #killinit. The second round, I got first on the red team (which, randomly, I was placed on again), and second place over all. What can I say, I have a knack for shooting people in dark rooms with lazeher gun beams.

I had to say goodbye to Zeta's TLC (Traveling Leadership Consultant) Nicole tonight. It's cool how close you can get with a person over a week. I like that friends can be that simple. I mean, it helps that she's technically my sister and all, but, still, she was a stranger when I met her a week and a half ago. She's off to Texas now.

So something just popped into my brain as I'm sitting here trying to wrap up this post. When an artist writes a song, it's all theirs. and it means things to them. But once they release it to the public, it becomes so many more things. It takes on a different meaning for each person that listens to it. Stuff like this is what keeps me up at night. The song becomes real, it gets personified with each person's different experiences and emotions and stuff. AAAAnd we're done. I got nothin.


oh, shout out to my little bro for getting his Driver's License!! Use it in good health, kid.






I made this the song / title for my blog post because a) it's a good song and b) this music video is controversial, and I want you to see it and see how it affects you, if at all. 

enjoy xo