Lil bit of Cake for the day. Thanks Dan!
Feb 11 (12:26am) --
Never again. I preemptively drank a diet coke before doing my computer science binary bomb homework. I thought I would fall asleep before midnight when it was due. turns out, I powered through it and got it done by 10:30. MEANWHILE. I'm bouncing off the walls like I just blew a line of coke. No pun intended. Caffeine is the devil. I couldn't stop moving. can't stop won't stop. Both of my hands went completely numb in the shower. uhm, WHAT the le fuck? I got out of the shower and laid in bed with no shirt on watching netflix. What kind of person am I? Who does this?
Reasons why I should not have caffeine are clearly displayed here. Never again.. well, for another few days at least.
my new phrase? "Hop off," Short for "hop off my dick" which by definition means, step off, step down, calm down, quit harassing me, quit sassing me, check yourself before you wreck yourself, you're wrong, get off my back, get off, quit it, or back off me yo.
Feb 12 --
"vicks vapor rub is like the patronus charm"
- Mom
I can't even. like, what? I woke up this morning and text my mother ..
me: "I'm sick. My illness is killing my soul"
mom: "what's your illness like?"
me: "Soul-sucking"
mom: "yes but whats wrong?"
me: "I have a stuffy nose.."
lol. Cause I'm not a drama queen, or melodramatic at all. but in reality it was like body aches and cough and sore throat and stuffy nose and stuff. So anywayyyyyyy that's where the vick's comment came from. I still cannot explain the patronus charm simile though. Moms are the best.
I went to my binary bomb diffusing class (only class of the day) and actually paid attention and asked questions. I feel like if you don't ask questions, it's not because you understand it, it's more likely that you don't understand it well enough to ask questions. I feel that I cannot ask a question if I am super confused by it, I just sit there and stare at whatever it is like an idiot nodding my head, sometimes saying 'mhm'. So, the fact that I was asking questions meant that I was getting a grasp of things. score
Asking questions is the key to life, I'm pretty sure of it. That, and not taking shit from anyone. Two key factors. Along with not giving a shit about what people think. Along with not holding grudges, taking blame, giving credit, and manners. Saying please, thank you, and I'm sorry, at all of the appropriate times in life can and will get you SO far in life, and it's so simple. Also, I've decided that asking for forgiveness is easier than asking for permission, so whenever you're thinking about doing something you're not sure of, just do it. And apologize later if necessary. Live for you, my friends. Do you.
THIS MORNING FOR BREAKFAST. Ugh oh my god breakfast. I was running slightly late (got to class at exactly 9:20 though, no biggie), but I made myself a fresh bagel, lightly toasted, with cream cheese. It was heavenly. scrumptious. It was the most delicious thing I've ever put into my mouth. It was soft on the inside and toasty on the outside and the cream cheese was just the right amount of melty that it was the perfect start to an almost exceptional day.
I talked to my advisor today and I might be going abroad next Spring, and I might be going to a governor's school this summer. All really exciting possibilities. Ugh. I love meeting with my advisor. He's one of the greatest people I've ever known. He is the Dean of the program I'm in at Lehigh (Integrated Degree in Engineering and Arts and Sciences), my academic advisor, as well as my professor for two of my classes this semester as well as a seminar. I'm very fond of him. His has a beard that I'm pretty sure he's been growing for a while now, and would never shave not even for a million dollars. He's the most enthusiastic man I've ever met, especially at 8am. He loves what he does. He also loves the UK, which is why I love him too. He drink tea every second of every day. He always has a million anecdotes about his adorable five year old daughter Charlotte whom he calls Bubba. He gets to know his students personally, even their flaws and fortes, and actually gives a shit. Meeting with him also reinvigorates me to actually try in my classes, as well as gets me really really excited for what my future at Lehigh holds. He's a wonderful man. I'm lucky.
I went to Rite Aid today. and pumped my own gas. Pumping gas is for peasants. However, holding doors for people is not. Bought a shit-ton of Valentine's. Who knows who they're actually for though. Almost had a mental meltdown trying to decide between a three-pack of blue Chap-Stick or one Blistex green color. I went with Blistex. Bought me that vick's vapo-Rub. Mom was right. Trippy. Patronus Trippy. I made Becca try it so I wasn't alone in my trippiness.
After filling out 56 Valentines, Bex and I napped from 2:00 until 5:30. Taylor Swift playing in the background, gently lulling us to sleep. It was a magnificent nap. Glorious. Felt so good. Woke up, got dinner at the house, and had our first PC meeting of the semester. FINALLY. Now we're talking. So, Zeta is mildly less suspended than we have been. We can actually hold events and participate in intramural sports and stuff. HA so get this. Nicole is director of activities, and two of the chairs that are under her are Special Events and Intramural Sports, AKA Me and Becca. hahaha. Whoever put the three of us on a committee together, thank you. just thank you. Working with your friends can only result in two ways. 1) Near-flawlessly and you get amazing shit done like bosses, or 2) you rip each other's hair out and get nothing done. I'm hoping for number 1.
Becca and I drove to Target today in preparation for the "big snow storm" my mother keeps telling me about for Wednesday night. Guess what, THEY'RE OUT OF ICE SCRAPERS AND SHOVELS. cool. So I ask guest services to confirm the fact that they don't have ANY. Truth. So I ask, do you know anywhere around here that might have them? No. Seriously? Are you serious? You work at Target, so you have to live around here, and you don't know where in the near area I can buy a damn ice scraper? I don't care that you work for Target. Just be a decent human being and tell me where I can buy one. People get too caught up in things they're doing or affiliated with, and they forget to be people. For example, ZTA nationals / Lehigh won't let us talk to our new members still because that is just the nature of suspension. But how ASS BACKWARDS is that? We just accepted these young girls to be our new SISTERS, and we aren't allowed to speak with them or see them or meet with them or hangout with them. Honestly, everyone is so wrapped up in this suspension/sorority BULLSHIT they are forgetting that we are just people. and people have the right to talk to whoever they want. It's called freedom of speech? First amendment? ever heard of it? We're just girls. 18-21 year old girls. Honestly, we're young enough to be their daughters (the people in charge). Like think about your own kids, what if somebody told them who they could and could not associate with? We are just people. It's not fair. I understand the idea and concept of breaking rules and there being consequences for these infractions, but I do not think under the circumstances of what happened, that there is ANY reason to keep that part of the suspension prolonged with the rest of the suspension. I understand, not letting us have parties, not letting us do x, y, and z, but not being able to TALK to people? I'm sorry but that does not fly with me. Not in the slightest. I would like to sit with whoever is in charge and look at them and just be like... really? I don't even think I would have any more words than that.
So the next time you get caught up in something, just stop and remember that you are an individual. Regardless of any of your ties, nobody can take away your individual rights. and if they do try to, fuck em.
Took a late-night trip to the library to get some work done, turns out I only have one mid-term next week. hahaha. My life is a joke. My other exam is a take home exam we have a week to do, and my other two classes don't have midterms, only finals. LOLz. In comparison, Becca sitting across from me at the library with her typical furrowed-brow-becca-face has FIVE midterms. I'm so sorry that you have to associate with me for the next two weeks while you have these finals and I don't. I'll buy you ice cream or something. Love meee.
Plans for the future? Go to the gym (lol maybe a mile on the treadmill and some abs), go to sleep, and wake up for our (probably) last day of classes this week depending on the impending snow storm. Fingers crossed.
I need this shirt
enjoy xxxx
me: "I'm sick. My illness is killing my soul"
mom: "what's your illness like?"
me: "Soul-sucking"
mom: "yes but whats wrong?"
me: "I have a stuffy nose.."
lol. Cause I'm not a drama queen, or melodramatic at all. but in reality it was like body aches and cough and sore throat and stuffy nose and stuff. So anywayyyyyyy that's where the vick's comment came from. I still cannot explain the patronus charm simile though. Moms are the best.
I went to my binary bomb diffusing class (only class of the day) and actually paid attention and asked questions. I feel like if you don't ask questions, it's not because you understand it, it's more likely that you don't understand it well enough to ask questions. I feel that I cannot ask a question if I am super confused by it, I just sit there and stare at whatever it is like an idiot nodding my head, sometimes saying 'mhm'. So, the fact that I was asking questions meant that I was getting a grasp of things. score
Asking questions is the key to life, I'm pretty sure of it. That, and not taking shit from anyone. Two key factors. Along with not giving a shit about what people think. Along with not holding grudges, taking blame, giving credit, and manners. Saying please, thank you, and I'm sorry, at all of the appropriate times in life can and will get you SO far in life, and it's so simple. Also, I've decided that asking for forgiveness is easier than asking for permission, so whenever you're thinking about doing something you're not sure of, just do it. And apologize later if necessary. Live for you, my friends. Do you.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
THIS MORNING FOR BREAKFAST. Ugh oh my god breakfast. I was running slightly late (got to class at exactly 9:20 though, no biggie), but I made myself a fresh bagel, lightly toasted, with cream cheese. It was heavenly. scrumptious. It was the most delicious thing I've ever put into my mouth. It was soft on the inside and toasty on the outside and the cream cheese was just the right amount of melty that it was the perfect start to an almost exceptional day.
I talked to my advisor today and I might be going abroad next Spring, and I might be going to a governor's school this summer. All really exciting possibilities. Ugh. I love meeting with my advisor. He's one of the greatest people I've ever known. He is the Dean of the program I'm in at Lehigh (Integrated Degree in Engineering and Arts and Sciences), my academic advisor, as well as my professor for two of my classes this semester as well as a seminar. I'm very fond of him. His has a beard that I'm pretty sure he's been growing for a while now, and would never shave not even for a million dollars. He's the most enthusiastic man I've ever met, especially at 8am. He loves what he does. He also loves the UK, which is why I love him too. He drink tea every second of every day. He always has a million anecdotes about his adorable five year old daughter Charlotte whom he calls Bubba. He gets to know his students personally, even their flaws and fortes, and actually gives a shit. Meeting with him also reinvigorates me to actually try in my classes, as well as gets me really really excited for what my future at Lehigh holds. He's a wonderful man. I'm lucky.
I went to Rite Aid today. and pumped my own gas. Pumping gas is for peasants. However, holding doors for people is not. Bought a shit-ton of Valentine's. Who knows who they're actually for though. Almost had a mental meltdown trying to decide between a three-pack of blue Chap-Stick or one Blistex green color. I went with Blistex. Bought me that vick's vapo-Rub. Mom was right. Trippy. Patronus Trippy. I made Becca try it so I wasn't alone in my trippiness.
After filling out 56 Valentines, Bex and I napped from 2:00 until 5:30. Taylor Swift playing in the background, gently lulling us to sleep. It was a magnificent nap. Glorious. Felt so good. Woke up, got dinner at the house, and had our first PC meeting of the semester. FINALLY. Now we're talking. So, Zeta is mildly less suspended than we have been. We can actually hold events and participate in intramural sports and stuff. HA so get this. Nicole is director of activities, and two of the chairs that are under her are Special Events and Intramural Sports, AKA Me and Becca. hahaha. Whoever put the three of us on a committee together, thank you. just thank you. Working with your friends can only result in two ways. 1) Near-flawlessly and you get amazing shit done like bosses, or 2) you rip each other's hair out and get nothing done. I'm hoping for number 1.
Becca and I drove to Target today in preparation for the "big snow storm" my mother keeps telling me about for Wednesday night. Guess what, THEY'RE OUT OF ICE SCRAPERS AND SHOVELS. cool. So I ask guest services to confirm the fact that they don't have ANY. Truth. So I ask, do you know anywhere around here that might have them? No. Seriously? Are you serious? You work at Target, so you have to live around here, and you don't know where in the near area I can buy a damn ice scraper? I don't care that you work for Target. Just be a decent human being and tell me where I can buy one. People get too caught up in things they're doing or affiliated with, and they forget to be people. For example, ZTA nationals / Lehigh won't let us talk to our new members still because that is just the nature of suspension. But how ASS BACKWARDS is that? We just accepted these young girls to be our new SISTERS, and we aren't allowed to speak with them or see them or meet with them or hangout with them. Honestly, everyone is so wrapped up in this suspension/sorority BULLSHIT they are forgetting that we are just people. and people have the right to talk to whoever they want. It's called freedom of speech? First amendment? ever heard of it? We're just girls. 18-21 year old girls. Honestly, we're young enough to be their daughters (the people in charge). Like think about your own kids, what if somebody told them who they could and could not associate with? We are just people. It's not fair. I understand the idea and concept of breaking rules and there being consequences for these infractions, but I do not think under the circumstances of what happened, that there is ANY reason to keep that part of the suspension prolonged with the rest of the suspension. I understand, not letting us have parties, not letting us do x, y, and z, but not being able to TALK to people? I'm sorry but that does not fly with me. Not in the slightest. I would like to sit with whoever is in charge and look at them and just be like... really? I don't even think I would have any more words than that.
So the next time you get caught up in something, just stop and remember that you are an individual. Regardless of any of your ties, nobody can take away your individual rights. and if they do try to, fuck em.
Took a late-night trip to the library to get some work done, turns out I only have one mid-term next week. hahaha. My life is a joke. My other exam is a take home exam we have a week to do, and my other two classes don't have midterms, only finals. LOLz. In comparison, Becca sitting across from me at the library with her typical furrowed-brow-becca-face has FIVE midterms. I'm so sorry that you have to associate with me for the next two weeks while you have these finals and I don't. I'll buy you ice cream or something. Love meee.
Plans for the future? Go to the gym (lol maybe a mile on the treadmill and some abs), go to sleep, and wake up for our (probably) last day of classes this week depending on the impending snow storm. Fingers crossed.
I need this shirt
enjoy xxxx
20 things you need to let go to be happy :
100 things every 20 something should know:
33 animal GIFs guaranteed to make you laugh:
Sorry this post was so long.. but I just had so much THINGS in my brainnnnnn. I drank another diet coke. No regrets. Yolo. Swag. #no
kk BAI
UNTIL NEXT TIME.



