Friday, February 13

Down in the Valley

Happy Friday the 13th everybody! Stay spooky my friends.

Thursday:
I woke up at 6:17am to my dog sprinting full speed and leaping like a horse onto my face. Ok Ted. Good morning to you too. Frank and I were supposed to get Starbucks at 7am, but seeing as I stayed up until 2am talking on the phone, that didn't happen. Sorry frank. As I'm packing to leave my house for school, my mom is trying to give me piles of sheets to take back with me. She played this fun game called lets see how many things we can try and do before you leave. For example "Let's clear off all of the lotions you don't use from your dresser!" Mom. shhhh. just do it without me. Face it, I won't even notice. Just don't throw out any of the vanilla ones. they're my fave.





I was smart and called ahead to the bagel place and ordered a porkroll and cheese on an everything bagel. World renowned hangover cure, in case you were wondering. Even though I wasn't hungover. Got in my car, turned it on, gas light bings. Good, I'm late and out of gas. I speed away to the gas station ( 6 blocks away ), then go pick up my bagel (two blocks from gas station) and I'm on my way. It's funny how you don't realize how small your town is until you leave it and come back.

On my drive, it was smooth sailing. Just me and some Tswift. When I got closer to Pennsylvania, it started snowing lightly. And then it started snowing harder. and I have to say, driving along the river, snow coming down, nobody around for miles, it was so peaceful. It was like bliss. I haven't felt bliss that often, but I'm pretty sure that was it. I rolled down my window, turned off my music, and just drove along in the silence, focusing on individual snowflakes hitting my windshield. It was a treasure. That drive was pure magic.

I made it to my class at exactly 10:42, and it started at 10:45. You don't have to tell me I'm awesome, I know it. I parked in a 20 minute parking spot for 3 hours and didn't get a ticket. somebody up there is looking out for me. I ordered a fundraiser shirt for Becca's friend Cam who passed away almost a year ago and it came in the mail. It's awesome. They scanned actual quotes she wrote on pieces of paper and put them on the shirt. They look so cool. and it's like a nice little piece of Cam I can wear around.

Thursdays are my busiest days, but also my most productive. I have two classes and three meetings throughout the day. After my last meeting got out at 8pm, the real fun started. jokes. But I went to the gym with Alexis the love of my life. I've been going to the gym so much this semester and it's awesome. I've lost almost 25 pounds since my heaviest weight of last semester, and it feels awesome. I can now confidently say I can run three miles. Never in my life have I run three miles before. At the beginning of the semester I couldn't run more than one. So there's that. We fooled around on the mats doing ab workouts ... "ab workouts" for like half an hour. More like being really sweaty and lying around pretending to workout after we finished our first actual ab workout. "I'm hungry." "Me too, wanna get food?" yep. Wawa was by far the best choice we could've made in that moment. armfuls of sandwiches and apples and mac and cheese and chai tea lattes and cookies and cream shakes, we hauled ass to the car because it was freezing. "Wanna just eat in the car?" yep. yes i do. I forgot a fork for my mac and cheese, and instead of going back inside, I just used the lid of the mac and cheese and scooped it out. I thought it was resourceful of me. Turns out Alexis has an autonomic nervous system illness too. She's my autonomic nervous system, food, and gym buddy. and I love her.

Post gym and wawa, I planned on studying for my test next Tuesday, but all I managed to do was shower and fall asleep in a towel. Oops.

Friday Morning:
Do you ever wake up and just know that it's going to be a good day? Well that's what happened today. I had the best morning I've had since I've been back this semester. If you leave things up to the universe, I swear things just fall into place.

Advice, don't buy flowers for your Valentine tomorrow. Do something with them that they will remember. Just make memories. Just be goofy and go do something fun. Be engaged when you're with them, not on your phone. Pay attention to the things you like about them. Even if you're just with your friends, friends like memories too. You can be like "oh my god remember that one valentine's day?  that was so fun" . stuff that you'll want to look back on fondly. Flowers die and chocolates don't last forever. Memories and friendship, that shit's real. So, just be real this Valentine's day. And like.. every day of your life too.

After class and lunch I picked up Alec and we went on a guitar center date. We had specific things in mind that we both needed, but what's the fun of just going somewhere and getting what you need? The fun comes when you fool around with expensive guitars, playing songs for an hour and just being stupid. I get an email while we are in there that my mom sent me an early birthday present to be picked up at the school Bookstore. EXCITEMENT. and my grandmother told me she called and ordered me chocolate covered strawberries and a gift certificate to be picked up at the local chocolate shoppe on the North side. MORE EXCITEMENT. Turns out mom sent me this awesome lehigh sweatshirt thats grey and has white arm bands, a white lehigh logo on the front, and the word Lehigh on the back, spirit jersey style. It's awesome and the perfect size and so comfy. I also got a Valentine's day card in the mail from momma, joey, and ted. Much love guys. much love. Thank you if you're reading this, momma. I dropped Alec off at his dorm and went to go pick up my chocolates. It was like being a kid in a candy store. Because. well. It was. I got so much with the gift certificate. Chocolate covered ginger, chocolate covered bacon, peanut butter and potato chip and caramel bars, sea salt caramels, toasted coconut chocolate clusters, peanut butter covered peanut butter balls, and a Zinger, whatever that is. All the excitement ever. It was amazing. The smell of chocolate shoppes is amazing. It's like going to hershey park and the streets smell like chocolate? Yeah. It's amazingly tasty.

I just got home and got invited to go to the gym with Alexis and Claire. So that's where I'm headed now. Maybe I'll see you there. Plans for the night? nada. call me beep me if you wanna reach me?

I didn't proof read this so sorry if there's errors. SRYNOTSRY.

Here's a song Alec and I jammed out to at the store and then on the way home to.

enjoy xx.