****URGENT. WHAT COLOR IS THIS DRESS???!!
Apparently people can see it as gold and white, or blue and black. I'm not kidding I saw the SAME post , like not two posts, one post, on Instagram at two different points in my day while going through Instagram feed, and the dress CHANGED COLORS. I'm not kidding. This is not a drill.
Let's see what's interesting. Wednesday I had one class, my happiness class. We learned some tai chi moves. Sorry if the spelling is wrong on that one. I've decided happiness is a choice. It's all about a positive mental attitude. This guy who was a guest professor in our class taught us three things about mindfulness. I only remember the first one because I didn't have a notebook or a pen. It's Being actively present. I feel like you can't master all three right away anyone. Being actively present could mean putting your phone down more often, or even leaving it home. Just being more aware of what you're actually doing. It's so easy to autopilot through things like brushing your teeth or walking to class. What would it mean to be actively present during those activities? Try it. Lemme know how it goes. What does it even mean to be "actively present"? I don't really even know. that's what the best part about learning things in this class. You learn to think about questions, not answers. Sometimes being aware of something is all you need. You don't need to change things, because let's face it you probably can't, you just need to mentally acknowledge them. Awareness, folks. Get some.
Wednesday afternoon spent playing super smash bros wii with Alec. Overall good human being, that guy. One of the hands down smartest people I know. Besides the fact that he's a boy and boys are stupid. He's not afraid to tell me exactly how he feels about my life choices. The good ones and the questionably terrible ones. He's still my friend no matter how many bad decisions I make. Or if I make the same one over and over again. I think that's the kind of friend I need him to be. And he's it. So it works out. nine times out of ten I'll beat him in smash. And yet he still thinks he's better than me. Sorry pal. Maybe next time.
Took myself to wawa. And then decided, hey maybe let's do something with my life. Dragged myself against my will with a backpack full of books to the Fairchild Martindale Library. More commonly known as FML. Where students go to die. Scanning for an open table. Scanning.. Scanning.. Scanning.. AHA. Emilia. Table of 4, all to herself. Actually when I found her she was chatting with our friend Tony, our well dressed, Seattle-born Asian friend. Is anyone sitting here? Me? Kthanks. And sit I did. Twenty minutes into it, hey Emilia wanna go to the basketball game at 7? It was 4:30 at the time, giving us ample room for studying, but a nice break after. Sure I'll go. I got lost for a while in my noise canceling headphones, then rallied with Emilia for the basketball game. It was the LGBT Equality basketball game. I figured it would be cool if I go, cause Ya know, the whole gay / bisexual whatever label you'd like thing. It was really cool to see so many people there. I've never seen so many people at a basketball game before. Right off the bat Lehigh started demolishing bucknell. I realized that sports games are so much more fun if the team you're rooting for is winning. So we cheered and clapped and I even got a free tshirt. But none was in comparison to the half time show. These girls with braided pigtails and neone sneakers came out all carrying jump ropes. What is this. Next a song comes on and they all start jumping rope in sync. A stumble and a snag every here and there, but overall mildly impressive. As time went on, they would do more and more cool stuff, like swinging it around their legs and stuff. Then, shit hit the fan. They were jumping rope with their butts on the group, on their stomachs, on POGO STICKS, they did a small jump rope inside of a medium jump rope inside of a huge jump rope, they jumped rope with six girls under the same single person jump rope, at one point, they used a HUMAN JUMP ROPE. Guys I'm not kidding. This was the coolest thing I've ever seen elementary school girls do. And they were all thin as twigs because, my god, they spent fifteen straight minutes jump roping.
That's the only picture of them I got because I was too busy like, actually watching them. I was purely enthralled. Jaw dropping, amazement-laughter type deal. It was real. Ain't seen shit so real in years. Ten out of ten would watch again.
Lehigh basketball ended up crushing Bucknell, the current patriot league leaders. Suck it. 84-65 total. It was a bigger gap, but towards the end we were winning by so much, we took out all of our good players and let the moderately average players get a chance.
Leaving the stadium we were all in good moods, even though we hadn't really done anything awesome on our own, but we felt offspring awesome from watching something cool happen.
Back to the library to further prove that I'm paying Lehigh to steal my soul. 11pm rolls around. We out.
Thursday:
I woke up at 10:25 and did not get out of bed until 10:43. I had class at 10:45. What is wrong with me. I'm not kidding. Somebody just explain to me what's wrong with my brain. So I got there late. Cool cool. Then had a meeting at 12. Then I studied with Juli for a few hours at a nice table in steps with a view. If Steps is good for at least one thing, it's providing magnificent views of south Bethlehem. I think Juli and I are actually friends now. She def passes the grocery store test.
Class at 2:35, got our exams back. The computer science that one I finished in twenty minutes? Got an 87 on it. Not bad, there were two questions I got wrong. For one of them I had the right answer, and then neatly crossed it out and flipped it. Lesson learned, always always always go with your gut. Your brain is stupid once you analyze things too much. Tomorrow we get our Econ exams back. Not excited about this one. In class today, our professor went off on what seemed to be a tangent about one of his war buddies almost getting blown on by a grenade, only to remind us that there are actually problems in the world and there are fake problems. A bad Econ exam grade is a fake problem. Almost getting blown up by a grenade is a real problem... Thanks Gunter.
Meeting from 4:10-5:40, but all I could think about was food. Somehow through my day today I forgot to feed myself? How am I ever going to get my own pet dog or worse, like, a child. First place I went to after my meeting was Wawa with Emilia. I was craving shitty quesadillas and chai and sweet cream pretzel. I swear I'm a really fat kid at heart. And if I didn't go to the gym, I'd be a really fat kid in person too.
Next stop, Best Buy. Emilia wanted a screen protector for her phone. I took off for the movie section. They had some real gems there, but so many movies are available online, you gotta pick the ones you know you already love and can commit to over and over again. My choices were how to train your dragon 1 and 2. I have absolutely zero regrets. I spent some time in the headphone department, judging whether or not I made the right purchase earlier this week. I absolutely did. The pair I have was the best pair in the store after carefully putting on each one. No regrets, again. I picked up a 10ft phone charger cable for myself, making night time much easier to do things like blog from my phone in bed. I made my way to the how theater section and sat in the comfy chairs for half an hour while Emilia called her mom to talk about God knows what. Which phone case to buy or which screen protector to get. Either way, the longer she took, the longer I didn't have to get out of the comfy reclining chair. Only reason for going? Screen protector. Only thing we didn't buy? Screen protector. Successful trip.
So one of the girls I live with had her long distance boyfriend of one month break up with her today. I think she's taking it hard but I'm not sure. I hear some really drunk people downstairs, interspersed with loud crashes and thuds. I think they're okay though. Guess who is not going downstairs to check? This girl. I'm not about the drunk crying people you hardly know life. Her friend is here with her so I don't feel bad.
Eyelid is twitching, head hurts. Too much phone screen. Goodnight friendssss. xxx


