apparently this music video was not real. they didn't crash actual weddings. they were all fake. Such a let down.
Wednesday night:
Chelsea convinced me to gym. Two miles and some arms or whatever. Made myself a grilled ham and cheeeeese for dinner and some grapes. I managed to read my Econ textbook until about 10:30 when I found myself asleep face down in my book.
Thursday:
Had NIGHTMARES that I missed my alarm and woke up for my 10:45 class at 11:14. And then fell asleep and woke up at 1 and completely missed it. Thank god they were just dreams. But they felt real, the stress was real.
Actual alarm went off at 9:30. Got out of bed at 10:36. Made it to class, in letters, with a cardigan ffs by 10:46. Super impressed with myself.
**ffs = for fuck's sake
In class , Econ, we talked about personal finance and bonds. All it made me want to do was declare an Econ minor. That way, I could be enrolled in three colleges here at Lehigh. #overachiever? No.
Had a meeting with some exec members of SWE at noon and one of my favorite faculty members, Shaku. She knows me well, and messes with me constantly.
I walked myself up to the UC. So many steps. I picked up my wrist band to participate in a Huntington's disease memorial walk on Friday hosted by DU. One of their brothers recently had their father pass away. You can register for the walk online here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/huntingtons-disease-charity-walk-tickets-14837999857
Or you can go up to their table at the UC by tomorrow to register. If you register online you must go to the table to get your wristband. the walk is through campus tomorrow, Friday feb 20 at 4:30, meeting I'm assuming by the flagpole on memorial drive.
I went to Starbucks in upper to pick up a frappicino, but realized I didn't have my wallet. The lady working there was sweet enough to give me a free large coffee because it was cold out and I didn't have a wallet. Random acts of kindness for the win. Seriously sometimes people surprise me and don't make me dislike the human race.
Walked home and got another parking ticket. That's two in two days. Top that.
Brunch consists of blue box Kraft original Mac and cheese. Because life is too short to not eat things that make you happy. Especially if you workout. Balance, kids. TREAT YOSELF.
Brunch consists of blue box Kraft original Mac and cheese. Because life is too short to not eat things that make you happy. Especially if you workout. Balance, kids. TREAT YOSELF.
I would just like to say that I'm the best Mac and cheese maker in the galaxy.
I lost my television remote. And It makes life significantly harder. I feel like I'm in the pre-1950s era. Lord help.
I ran into my professor before my 2:35 class and he said to me, "yeah why don't you just teach the class for me today so I don't have to". You got it, Jfem.
Class was interesting. I feel like I'm the only one who ever argues with him, or asks questions and talks through problems. Our test for this class is next Tuesday. Odds of me studying before Monday are pretty slim.
4pm I got out of class and visited Shaku, since we had a SWE (society of women engineers) meeting at 5 and I needed to help set things up. I didn't need to be at her office until 4:30, so I sat the in 3rd floor lobby of Packard and painted my nails and watched Friends on netflix. My new-ish friend Juli, who is the president of SWE, saw me sitting and sat down with me to chat. We both had to be at Shaku's office at 4:30, so we killed half an hour talking. It was a pretty personal conversation, for the middle of a lobby. I liked it. I think that's how you make friends. not sure though.
The SWE meeting went well, I had to run most of it after the general meeting was over. We were doing a run through of this "marble madness" activity I had to create for the spring CHOICES program. I knew I had to put it together and come up with the ideas and stuff, but I didn't think I would be in charge of running it or speaking or presenting it. Much anxiety. Shaku told me to just be myself. I told her nobody would like that. She was helping us set up the room and I was telling her I was just winging it, and I had taken my shoes off because they were snow boots, and I had put music on, and was telling people what to do.. sort of, and she just laughed at me. She told me I was her favorite. She's the best. Sometimes I like being me.
After the meeting Juli and I cleaned up the room after all of the other exec members left. She ranted and I listened. Those are the kinds of friendships I like. I like listening to people rant. I've decided that I just have low expectations for people. I don't do drama. I don't buy into that shit. If people want to be shitty people, then I am not disappointed. and if they are good people, then that's awesome. Never give people the chance to let you down. Just let them be them. And you be you.
We carried armfuls of shit down to my car. And then I drove her like.. 50 feet to her car, because it was NINE degrees out. nine. like one digit. Then I went home and was in my bed for approx sixteen seconds before I got a text from a friend asking to come over. of course you can. I like people. and being there for people. I'm good at being that person. another friend asked me to go to the gym with them maybe five minutes after that. I like being wanted. who doesn't, though.
I'm currently on my bed, and there is a draft coming in from my window so bad. It might as well be wide open. I can't feel my hands. Maybe I'll go to the gym later, although my little bro told me it's not good to go every day. However since we have a date party on Saturday, I'm definitely not going saturday, and probs not sunday. So we'll see. call me beep me if you wanna reach me? I like friends.
xx Aly
I ran into my professor before my 2:35 class and he said to me, "yeah why don't you just teach the class for me today so I don't have to". You got it, Jfem.
Class was interesting. I feel like I'm the only one who ever argues with him, or asks questions and talks through problems. Our test for this class is next Tuesday. Odds of me studying before Monday are pretty slim.
4pm I got out of class and visited Shaku, since we had a SWE (society of women engineers) meeting at 5 and I needed to help set things up. I didn't need to be at her office until 4:30, so I sat the in 3rd floor lobby of Packard and painted my nails and watched Friends on netflix. My new-ish friend Juli, who is the president of SWE, saw me sitting and sat down with me to chat. We both had to be at Shaku's office at 4:30, so we killed half an hour talking. It was a pretty personal conversation, for the middle of a lobby. I liked it. I think that's how you make friends. not sure though.
The SWE meeting went well, I had to run most of it after the general meeting was over. We were doing a run through of this "marble madness" activity I had to create for the spring CHOICES program. I knew I had to put it together and come up with the ideas and stuff, but I didn't think I would be in charge of running it or speaking or presenting it. Much anxiety. Shaku told me to just be myself. I told her nobody would like that. She was helping us set up the room and I was telling her I was just winging it, and I had taken my shoes off because they were snow boots, and I had put music on, and was telling people what to do.. sort of, and she just laughed at me. She told me I was her favorite. She's the best. Sometimes I like being me.
After the meeting Juli and I cleaned up the room after all of the other exec members left. She ranted and I listened. Those are the kinds of friendships I like. I like listening to people rant. I've decided that I just have low expectations for people. I don't do drama. I don't buy into that shit. If people want to be shitty people, then I am not disappointed. and if they are good people, then that's awesome. Never give people the chance to let you down. Just let them be them. And you be you.
We carried armfuls of shit down to my car. And then I drove her like.. 50 feet to her car, because it was NINE degrees out. nine. like one digit. Then I went home and was in my bed for approx sixteen seconds before I got a text from a friend asking to come over. of course you can. I like people. and being there for people. I'm good at being that person. another friend asked me to go to the gym with them maybe five minutes after that. I like being wanted. who doesn't, though.
I'm currently on my bed, and there is a draft coming in from my window so bad. It might as well be wide open. I can't feel my hands. Maybe I'll go to the gym later, although my little bro told me it's not good to go every day. However since we have a date party on Saturday, I'm definitely not going saturday, and probs not sunday. So we'll see. call me beep me if you wanna reach me? I like friends.
xx Aly