Sunday, February 22

Thinking Out Loud


Ed Sheeran has been all over blog lately, but I love him. and his words.


Never take sleep for granted. New life lesson. I know people have said "sleep is for the weak" or "i'll sleep when I'm dead", but I'm just not one of those people. And after the passed 24 hours, that fact has been solidified.

My computer fan is too loud, it's probably overheating. It's so loud I can't hear the movie I'm illegally streaming online. Birdman. I figured if I can't watch the Oscars, I might as well watch the movie that's up for picture of the year.

I like the way my t-shirts smell, and my sheets. If I were dating me, I would steal my clothes all the time, and sleep over every night.

My little brother asked me today if I got paid to post my blog. I wish. You people wouldn't pay to read this. and I definitely don't get paid to write it. But that's a dream job I have. If all else fails with my life, I'm gonna find a company that will pay me to travel the country and be a food blogger. and if I can't find anyone to pay me, well, I'll just do it for fun.

Ok let's take it back to Saturday:

I slept until noon, waking up only to clean my entire house for the guests I was supposed to be having later that night. Snow was swiftly falling from the plain, grey sky. super pretty and ominous. As soon as I finished cleaning the entire downstairs, we got an email saying the Date Party was cancelled due to the bus company canceling on us, due to snow. Told you, shit was ominous.

I made my way in the snow and cold to Campus Square 10, only to find Alec, who doesn't live there, and no actual people who lived there. I brought cheese, crackers, and girlscout cookies. I was just being a polite guest. We sat on the couch under really fuzzy blankets and watched Fight Club. This was my first time ever watching it, and I had no idea what to expect. It was easily the most fucked up movie I've ever seen. It's like, what a movie should be. talk about a plot twist. If you have it seen it yet, there's a great cast, Helena bonham carter and Brad Pitt in his prime, and you will not be bored. It's impossible to be bored watching this movie. This movie is life changing. I don't even know how to describe it too. All I want to do is watch it again now that I've seen it all the way through. That's a movie that I need to have on DVD to watch over and over and over.

I walked home and laid in bed for hours, allowing myself to have some me time and be super lazy. A friend's house around the corner was having a "party" .. lol party. a small party. So I decided to go hangout. WHiskey sour. mmmm. FOr some reason I thought it was a good idea to walk allllll the way to a frisbee party on Birkel. AKA the end of the world. Why I would do that is beyond me.

I decided after eating all of Emily's Hot and Spicy Cheese-itz (which reminds me I need to go buy them because they're the BEST flavor) and winning a game of corners, it was time to go home. I met up with Caroline and Mirco and they walked home with me. There were plenty of other parties for them to go to right by my house, so it was a win/win.

The night didn't end how I expected it to, but exactly how I hoped it would, and only you know why. and it was in the best way.

Sunday:

earlier on Saturday, our chapter president, Danielle, asked us if anyone would be willing to pick up the Traveling Leadership Consultant (TLC) Marianne, who was flying into Philly at noon on Sunday. I volunteered. In my head, philly was only an hour away, and noon wasn't early at all. Then, I get a text around 11pm saying that her flight got moved to get in at 8:55am. Is this a joke? nope? oh. ok. well, I agree to go anyway because why not, Danielle wouldn't be asking if she didn't really need somebody to go.

Wake up 6am, back to sleep. Waaake up, 6:30am. back to sleep. WAAAaaaaaaaake up, 7am. Get out of bed. Sweatpants ? bad idea. semi-real clothes. Gotta impress the tlc. Look presentable Aly, be a human Aly.

Clear off the snow from my car. With this little tiny ice scraper that has a brush on it. Fingers absolutely frozen. Realized that I needed to clean my car out, because it was way to messy to pick up a stranger in. Tossed all my waterbottles into the back seat, and I ended up putting them all in plastic Wawa bags that I had in my car. Filled up my tank, and followed the monotonous voice of my GPS all the way to philly.

Pleasant surprise, I stopped at Wawa around 8am, I've never done that before. I was hoping for a nice buttered roll, ya know, just like my father got my mother on her 40th birthday, oh memories. I couldn't find one though, so I ordered an everything bagel, toasted, with extra plain cream cheese. I have to say, being from New Jersey, my bagel standards are high, and that bagel was damn good. I'm not sure if it was correlated to how hungry I was, but, it was really damn good.

Got to philly airport and found arriving flights and baggage claim. My car was put into park as the clock turned to 8:54am. To say my timing is impeccable is an understatement. Texted Marianne, expecting to wait maybe fifteen minutes for her to get off the plane and grab her luggages. 9:17am, I get a text saying that they were switching gates. Oh okay cool keep me posted. 9:49am she is out of her gate and goes to find her luggage. Not on carousel. Needs to go talk to luggage service people. Oh, your bags are in Allentown. You'll have to go get them. Finally I get to meet her, as she eagerly walks up to my car, carryon bags in hand.

We have a nice chat all the way back to school. She straight up told me that she already knew all about my life, thanks Adina... Turns out she attended the NLC that I attended two summers ago where I passed out. She's close with Adina, and Deens is my GGB, so naturally she knows about my life. small world.

Made it to Allentown airport, aka the world's tiniest airport. Okay... Maybe not world's tiniest, but it's super small. there's like one termial, maybe two baggage claims. Super small, super easy to navigate. Takes maybe ten minutes to get her bags. "you hungry?" "Starving let's get chipotle." Instant friends.

Our long day finally came to a close, and I dropped her off at the Zeta house. Went home. Can't wait to get into bed. Four hour nap. Glorious. amazing. all i've ever wanted. I haven't been so tired in a long, long time.

Drag myself out of bed for chapter at 5pm. Turns out that Danielle nominated me for sister of the week since I did her that favor today. I've never been sister of the week before and we've been doing it for years. It felt really cool. It also means I get to choose the theme for next weeks chapter. So looking forward to picking one.

Went home after chapter, and did homework for four hours. It felt good to actually get work done. I let myself eat leftover chipotle for dinner, and then cookies and milk after that. Today wasn't the kind of happy that Friday was, but it doesn't mean that I wasn't happy. I was perfectly content with today. even though I was doing unfavorable things, I was still happy. I was happy with my mustache mug that I drink milk out of, and the entire box of girlscout cookies I've eaten over the course of this week. I like letting myself be happy. Sometimes it's really easy.

My mom keeps trying to figure out the gift she's going to get me for my birthday in like 7 weeks, and I finally decided what I wanted. Besides a Wii U and super smash bros, which was a half serious suggestion, I actually want a pair of Bose Noise Canceling headphones. I ended up ordering them tonight because I couldn't wait until the end of the semester to have them. On my actual birthday mom said she'd give me a card with monies in it, that way I could either repay myself for them, or buy something else like clothes or the Wii U.

Wanna know a secret? I hate my birthday. Don't get me wrong, my mom and step dad gave me the most amazing birthday parties for my 13th and 16th birthdays that I could've ever wanted. But there's something about receiving a card from my real dad signed "From, RT" and spending my 16th birthday on his couch while he was high, watching Indiana Jones movies, just makes me hate it. My mom and step dad have made every birthday I've ever had with them amazing. I even spent my 17th birthday in Disney World with my high shcool marching band. To be honest, I've had some amazing birthdays. But even since I've been at college, I've hated my birthday. Four days after I turned 7 was the day that my parents and brother and I moved from our first house, and that was the first time I hated my birthday. And then my mom and step dad flew to Vegas three days before my 11th birthday and got married. At the time, I think it made me upset, I'm not sure why. All and all, I'm pretty sure the good birthdays Definitely outweigh the bad ones, but the bad ones started sooner, and I dunno. I just don't do my birthday. Other people's birthday are a different story. I love birthdays. Just not mine.

After doing my homework I crawled into bed and put on a movie, and decided to blog for you people. I put on Birdman with Emma Stone and Michael Keaton. My life has weird connections. I chose to stream birdman of all the movies that exist in the world. Turns out the guy, Edward Norton who is in Birdman, also happens to be the main character of Fight Club. It's a sign. Not sure what sign, but a sign. I would've never known who this guy was in Birdman if I didn't watch fight club yesterday. I'm amused by my life.

hey you, buffalo. that's all. goodnight.

ps I didn't proof read this. so. oops.