After some hardcore gymming.. JK it wasn't hardcore. Claire and I grabbed dinner and chatted at Panera. The guy at Panera called me Alex instead of Aly, even though "Ally" was clearly on the ticket. It was odd. Claire's from Bermuda and she talked about how warm the beaches are and that they drive mopeds everywhere and every sunday she goes for a run and swims with her dog. I also learned Bermuda is in the middle of the ocean. Like middle of it.
Emilia and I bonded last night. Doing stupid stuff with friends only makes them better friends. The only thing I have to comment about last night is "Do you wanna eat a cake?"
Saturday:
I didn't get out of bed until 1pm. No shame whatsoever. Sometimes when your body says sleep, you just gotta do it. Zeta was hosting a Pink Out Basketball game today at the Lehigh Women's Basketball game. Driving up it was snowy and we had to park really far away and walk. Claire wasn't wearing appropriate snow shoes. We walk inside, "would you like a pink ribbon!?" lol yes thanks ZTA. I would. So much pink, everywhere. I went in and sat down by myself in the second row, close to the court. The section of bleachers I was in were packed by the time the game started. It was a sea of pink. Before the game a few boys in pink shirts and one wearing official Lehigh Athletics clothing came up to us and asked if anybody wanted to play a game on the court during one of the time outs. Nobody volunteered, and I knew the guy who worked for athletics and he goes "Aly why don't you do it?" and then the other guys in the pink were egging me on telling me to do it, so of course I said yes. I went down to the table like they said at the 13 minute mark of the first half. It was going to be me versus a student who was in the band. We each got a basketball and they started telling us the rules. All we had to do was make layups and every time we made a basket, we got a chip. and then could place that chip on a tic tac toe board in the middle of the court. They asked us if we were nervous, and we didn't have time to answer because there a loud buzzer cut them off. We walked onto the court, I was on the far side and the other kid was on the closer side, and we started. I made a layup and ran back to the middle and put my first chip down. Ran back, another layup. The other kid was doing just as well as I was. On my second point, I had to put a chip down to block his or he would win. Point for point, we kept putting chips down. At one point, I stared at the board and thought there was no way to win, so I just threw a chip down and ran back to try and beat him to another layup. I was confused because when I put mine down the crowd started cheering really loudly and I realized that I needed just one more to win. So I made the shot as fast as I could and people were yelling and sprinted back to the middle, grabbed my chip, and slammed it down for the win. It was so exhilarating. I was out of breath from running too much. Sad. I won $20 to Red Robin, and a pink t-shirt. Highlight of the day. Lehigh ended up winning the game against Holy Cross, so all around a success.
Alexis and I went out to dinner after the game to A1 steakhouse for hibachi dinner. I love how much time I get to spend with her. She's a really good friend and I'm lucky to have her. She's always there when things get rough. It doesn't matter if it's in the middle of the night or in the middle of Valentine's dinner.
Lesson learned for the day, never have expectations. Don't create them about other people, because if they don't work out, it's your fault you're upset because you created them in your head. Things don't always go as hoped, and that's just how it works. People are people and they're complicated.
I spent the night at the movies seeing Fifty Shades of Grey by myself. I shared a large coke with myself, and watched this terrible, terrible movie. I had read the books and liked them a lot. Yeah I know, basically porn, but still. They were good because they were in my head. Putting a movie like that on a screen doesn't ever translate well. The acting and the script weren't great, but the lead, Dakota Johnson, is absolutely beautiful. Oh my god. The movie got out and it was basically blizzarding. The drive home was one of the most frightening ones I've ever taken. I was almost completely perpendicular to the road at one point. I was going straight and then all of the sudden I wasn't. It was bad. Such snow. So weather.I have a test on Tuesday and I haven't studied for it yet. I probably should do it. So that's what most of my Sunday and Monday are going to be. For now, it's passed midnight, which means Valentine's day is over. I'm going to be spending the rest of my night watching Friends, and sleeping. I suppose Valentine's Day could be spent appreciating all of the love you have in your life. Like your family and all of your friends, which I tried to focus on most today. It's good to have people who you love and who love you. So anyone who is reading this, if you love me, just know I love you too, and thank you for being in my life.
I like having the idea that tomorrow can be anything. Although I think I know exactly how it's going to go. Sometimes life surprises you though. Here's to hoping.