Hallo! this is the first installment of my cross country road trip. It begins with me waking up and folding five loads of laundry. Whoaaa!! crazy. Nah. I have a lot of prep work to do before I go. I have to jam 4 days worth of clothes into a backpack, keeping in mind the bizarre weather of Colorado. I have to print boarding passes, wash my sperry's in the kitchen sink, get the fish I'm babysitting to another babysitting. Fill my car up with gas so I can park it at Birkel while I'm gone (thanks frisbee girls! xo). I was at the gas station and attempted to use the window cleaner thing, and my car now looks like a mess. The windows are clean but the drippings of the water dragged down all of the pollen that was on the rest of my car into these horrific streaky messes. It looks god awful anywhere that isn't the windshield or the back window. oops. Next stop CVS, for mini-sized everything!! mini shampoo (moroccan argan oil DUH) mini conditioner, mini body wash, mini deodorant, mini tooth paste, a regular sized tooth brush, and even mini gold bond body power (I use it all the time and it's magic and I suggest you try it out, but it was so cute in mini form I had to buy it). If you are wondering why I'm purchasing mini items, I'm not starting a circus. I'm travelling with only a carry-on and the TSA likes to make life difficult and you can only have small items of liquids and stuff with you. boo. but yay for minis!
Sitting on the couch waiting for Stella to get back from the bar. and yes, it is the middle of the afternoon. After that, it's chipotle and airport time. WOO.
8:04 pm
Sitting on the plane in Charlotte waiting to leave for Denver.
Got chipotle with Jenna
Made it to airport
Sat on floor on the opposite wall of some kid. We were both charging our phones at the same time. I was leaning on one side of this wall and he was on the opposite. For some reason I knew that it wouldn't be the last time I saw him.
Also, checked my final grades, they're posted for one class. Guess what? I got a fricken 100% on my psych final exam. Not to say that I'm awesome but that's the first 100% ive gotten on an exam ever. And it was a final.
I sat in the 13th and last row on plane, window seat, opposite of bathroom. Kid that sits next to me is same kid from wall. Of course. Name is mike. The Flight attendant comes around and I'm 21. Mike told me he drank for the first time ever a day before his graduation. I am the best person he could have sat next to. I didn't have cash so he bought drinks gor is both. We bonded over Smash bros. he lost a bet to me about whether or not Sonic was in Brawl. I was right. Loser had to buy the other a drink in Charlotte during our layover. Yes. Turns out this kid has lived in Indonesia. And hes lived in Qatar. Which so happens, "Qatar" is pronounced kuh-tar not cutter. At Charlotte buys me drink at bar. Make it two. Introducing kid who doesn't drink to whiskey sours. Gotta do it right. Grabbed some Bojangles for the plane. Best decision.
8:57pm (no idea what time zone im in). I am so mad at myself. I didn't pack my camera. I have this beautiful canon DSLR that my grandma got me for Christmas two years ago and I didn't bring it. Now I have to document this entire road trip with my cellphone. Ugh. Why have nice things if you don't even remember to bring them with you when it counts?
Like, I remembered to bring my laptop and forgot my camera. I'm barely even going to use my laptop. I could've used my camera the entire time. Boooo on me. Whatever. Gotta cut my losses and stop complaining.
Finished eating my bojangles. ITS BO TIME. Best slogan ever. Being in the window seat and having to put your ass in two peoples faces to get up to go to the bathroom is never a pleasant time. But at least I have a nice butt, and I'm wearing spandex. So, you're welcome.
Why did trivia crack die?
9:49pm Still no concept of time zones. Turbulence, I can feel it. "Please fasten your seat belts" comes out of the speakers. I look to my right and gaze out the window into the night. It's black, and the infinite blackness is interrupted every .7 seconds by the white light on the wing. It reflects off of the particles of the cloud we are in and lights up my entire field of vision. Bursts of light and darkness. I took a picture but it didn't do it the slightest bit of justice. It was really freaky.
10:01pm descent into Denver. So much turbulence. Oh My god. It makes me question how these things stay in the air at all.
The drive from Denver to Boulder where rob lives was surprisingly quick. Got to his house, chilled with his roommates, drew and Dylan. Super awesome guys. Watched Kingsmen. The dopest movie I've ever seen, and hilarious. For real go watch it.



