Thursday, May 28

Electric Love

The night of me babysitting Teddy (when I typed my last post) my friend Sofia came over. I haven't seen her in about two years, and we fall back into the same conversations we used to have. I love effortless friendships. Friends you don't even need to try and be friends with, it just comes naturally. Sometimes things get fucked up, but if you have effortless friends in life, you should recognize it and cherish that shit.

Phrase I learned from this weekend: "Ride the Wave". it's basically a contemporary "Go with the flow". but i like ride the wave so much more.

I woke up the next morning (Wednesday) and drove all the way back to Lehigh. I wanted to nap so badly but instead, I just packed up everything in my room, shoved it into my car, and then it started thunderstorming. I couldn't put things into my storage unit since the heavens opened up with violent showers. So, I went to my usual place: 476 birkel. After the rain passed, Emily and I moved everything into my storage unit, went on a beer run for Coronas and Lime-a-Ritas, and then to the guacamole store for guac. And yes, I mean grocery store. Also, just a side note, I would like to point out that Lime-a-Ritas are fuckin' dangerous. They're 8% alcohol, come in little 10oz cans, and taste like sweet Jesus. Don't do more than two. I promise. the hangover WILL be real. Emily is a master guac maker, although she prefers it a little spicy for my taste, but it's good just the same. We hungout with the other roommates and some frisbee girls, creating a new version of truth or dare. The only new part is that it's played with a deck of cards. When it's your turn you draw a card, if it's Red, then it's truth, and Black is Dare. Unfortunately with the frisbee girls, every black card meant a Shot of Bankers Rum, and every red card meant an uncomfortable question about sex. But let's be real, that's the reason I'm friends with these fools.

As I was typing this, I heard a thud and a scratch on my door (it's 1:15am). I could only assume it was my pup. I let him in and he immediately jumped onto my bed and rolled onto his back, exposing his puppy belly. He does this every single time he's in my room. I got back on the bed and he immediately places his body on top of mine and washes my face for me. with his tongue. I love this dog.

anyway..

Woke up early this morning and tried to be a real person. Turns out I'm just an idiot. I literally packed everything I needed to get ready for the day into my storage unit. Including but not limited to: My bath towel, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razor, tooth brush, and tooth paste. So, first thing i had to do was walk my ass down to the Rite Aid to pick up everything I needed. and then to Target because of course Rite Aid wouldn't sell towels. duh aly. fuck. While I was at Target, I did manage to pick up a dress and shoes for tonight, along with a romper, and the best tshirt ever made. oh and a coke zero, for the hell of it. love me some coke zero.

Moved final things into storage unit and said goodbye to 515 Taylor forever. You were a great house. The Taylor Gang is a legendary crew and I'm lucky to have been a part of it. The drive home was filled with 21 Pilots. Emily's favorite band. I listened to their newest album, Blurryface, probably three times over. It's pretty good. My favorites are Tear In My Heart, Stressed Out, and Heavydirtysoul. in case you plan on listening to it. I find myself making this drive to or from school very often. it gives me lots of time to think about things. Today's thoughts were mostly about sunburns. A) Because I have a sunburn and B)because a sunburn can be so relatable to things. The thought I had was relating a sunburn to any event or experience you've ever had. Say for instance, this weekend for me, which was this big awesome memorial day weekend party. I didn't realize how great it was while it was happening, only when it was over, just like how you don't realize you're getting a sunburn until you have one. And then fresh after it happens, you're still ablaze from the memory of it, riding the coattails of the good time, that's the actual sunburn. It hurts because you know you can't go back and turn the memories back into moments. And then once you start peeling after the sunburn, it's like you're letting little pieces of the memories go, leaving no more physical trace of the sunburn. Just a newer, tanner version of yourself. This could also be a metaphor for a relationship, but I need not go down that road.

As soon as I got back to my home in Point Pleasant, My mother, step father, brother, and doggie were waiting outside for me. Guess I got there just in time, because I walked in the front door as Monica came upstairs ready to leave. We all piled into the Tahoe, right after grabbing ice cream from the ice cream man with my 6 year old neighbor. Destination? Atlantic City.

The idea for this trip came about when a buddy of my step dad's, Jeff Pirrami (also known as "the fat rat bastard" look him up on google he's a riot) invited us to see his show, Burlesque, in the Borgata. He got us all free tickets to the sold out show, so we figured we would make a night out of it. First Stop: The Knife and Fork. Holy amazing. This building has been around since prohibition, I kid you not. 1912. It was super old and the benches on the booth seats lifted up to secret compartments to store your alcohol when the cops came. Sounds like a high school party to me. We had one of the best dinners I've ever had. The most notable part of dinner was the French Fried Beet Chips. Slices of beets, fried like potato chips. They tasted like sweet and salty chips and they were just magical. holy good god.

At one point in the conversation we got to talking about stick shifts. Monica told us she was fortunate enough for her parents to buy her a car for her birthday one year. She said they bought her a stick shift in order to keep her from texting and driving. But she tells us while laughing, "I can cream cheese a bagel drivin that thing". I guess their tactics didn't quite work.

Full to bursting, we rolled our way out and into the car. Next Stop: the Borgata Hotel and Casino and Spa. This is by far my favorite hotel/casino in Atlantic City. You could say I'm spoiled via Location in my life; an hour from NYC, and hour from Philly, and hour from AC, so I am no stranger to this place. I've been coming here to the hotels and casinos ever since my mom met my step dad and got married in '06. Sometimes we just come down here for dinner. Nothing special. Just dinner. My step dad has been coming here ever since he could drive. We parked the car and made our way to the casino floor. YES. Finally. I'm 21 and get to use my powers for good. and by that I mean Losing $54.50 on slot machines... Womp. Not as good as the first time I was at a casino in the US for my birthday last month. I won $175. Wizard of Oz slots let me down this time. Mom made out like a banshee right as we were leaving, winning a hunnerd somthing off of her initial fifty to start. She won $88 on one spin. That's som bullllllshit.

Final Stop: Burlesque. Now when you think of a burlesque show, you probably think of nipple pasties, flashy costumes, loud music, boobs, butts, and naked women. Well, add in a fat comedian and you've got yourself the Burlesque show at the Borgata. Now I know you're thinking, "why the hell would you see a Burlesque show with your parents and your brother and his girlfriend." But in reality, it wasn't that bad. and the show itself was OMG worthy. I would see it again in a heart beat. fifteen beautiful women showing off what their mother gave them on stage to music and dance? Yep. Absolutely. The best number was with two girls and a hoop dangling from the ceiling. they did some cirque de sole shit, accompanied by the 50 shades of Grey version of Crazy In Love by Beyonce (will post below if you haven't heard it yet). It was hot. so hot. oh and Jeff's jokes were hilarious too. Like laugh out loud funny.

If there's one thing I learned from watching this how, it was the art of stripping. Because let me tell you, there was a lot of stripping. Lots of stripping, and lots of nipple pasties. So here it is folks, in case you ever need to strip for someone.

The art of stripping: always start with gloves, and you must throw them in a sassy manner. then hats or anything on your head. followed by any outer jacket or garment. Next is your dress. but make sure you're wearing a corset because that follows the dress. You can untie it yourself or let them do it, or let another half naked girl do it. If you're wearing one, remove any drape covering underwear. Last but not least, you take off your bra. All that's left is undies and pasties, and it's beautiful. Sometimes you can even get the boobs to spin in the same direction if you practice enough.

After the show, we met up with Jeff and some other really old but famous comedian, and went to the Long Bar, some classy looking bar in the hotel. We actually saw four Burlesque girls there in regular clothes, and I was absolutely star struck. I wanted to like, go up and just tell them how amazing they are and buy them a drink. It was really odd though, seeing them go from Literally just nipple pasties and underwear to yoga pants and nikes and a zip up hoodie. Like, marry me, plz. thnx.

We all ordered drinks and I got my favorite per usual: Whiskey sour. I started feeling like an adult. Then I was like, naaaaaaaaah. The ride home was a bit rough. life lesson: don't drink and ride in the back seat of your parents Tahoe. or you gonna get sick.

the game of the week so far has been Dice with Buddies. a game an old friend of mine showed me, but my mom plays it all the time still. She's got me into it, and I got Monica into it, and I'm always looking for people to play with. So if you have it, and are reading this, and want to be my friend, you should start a game with me. I wouldn't hate it. 

Thats about all I got. Here's my new song for the summer, along with the song from the burlesque show.



the part they used in the show starts around 1:30 in this video. It's not exactly the same version of this song but it's close. and fuck. is it sexy.