Tuesday, May 12

Econ got me like.

woke up Monday morning, laptop next to me, fully clothed from Sunday night, leaning up against the wall. Emilia walks in and i wake up. she laughs. I take a moment to realize I fell asleep and slept until morning. Lost my phone the night before. scramble to my night stand and shuffle through the top drawer, looking for a watch. got it. 6:28am. shit. back to bed.

woke up, check the time, 10:39am. DAMMIT. Claire had a tattoo appointment at 10am I was supposed to take her to. what if she'd been trying to call me. I missed it. I'm the worst. JK. open laptop, message her, place doesn't open until 12. got appointment moved to 5pm. Okay probably time to get up.

Wheres my phone? I need a shower. facebook message emily, phone is in her pocket. ok good. I can just use my laptop all day. no biggie. Showered. put laundry in the washer. I actually had to go purchase a new pair of norts from the bookstore today because I didn't have any clean ones. Black with yellow and pink strips on the sides. badass actually.

I've decided that we don't need cell phones. you just see the people you want to talk to in person. and you can e-mail them. but you don't need to be textin people 24/7. unhealthy. I wish I lost my phone all the time.

I had to say some goodbyes today. Firstly to Emilia. I'm going to miss you sleeping on the other side of the door. and watching crappy movies. and going to Red Robin all the time. And being at the movies so much but never once making it on a Tuesday. Falling asleep with the door open, talking to each other about how great you are. *insert eye roll here*. Binge eating twix bars. I'm not sure how you tolerated the messy state of my room this entire semester, but I'm happy you did. Until August, meels.

Next, my friend Caroline, who was an exchange student from Ireland here is leaving today. I didn't even get a chance to give her a proper goodbye because I was too busy. Caroline, I knew since the moment I busted into Brad's apartment that one snowy January night that we would be friends. and I was right. I'm gonna miss you tons. And I will never call fries chips... unless They're at mccarthys, and they're cheese curry chips. in which case, yes, chips. aye. I'll miss ya. and if I have time, you know I'll be making a trip to Ireland this summer. Or Bristol? or wherever you are moving to.

Drove with Emac to my storage unit. Mattress tied down to the roof of her car. The anxiety level was 10/10.

Sitting in an auditorium of Lewis Laboratory since 5pm. It's 6:42 and my review starts at 7. Trying to work through an Econ practice exam. Failed attempts. I want to crawl under the seats and take a nap.

BIG NEWS. I'm actually so excited about this. My brother just graduated from CU Boulder (woop!) and has to drive his car and his stuff back to Jersey. So guess who gets to fly out to Colorado and take a CROSS COUNRY ROAD TRIP back with her big brother? THIS GIRL. You don't even know how excited I am. If all of the plans work out, then I should be flying out of Newark possibly Thursday at some point, and then packing and leaving the next day. Might even get a layover in dallas-fort worth airport. (texas woop!) I've already been procrastinating studying by looking up routes back to jersey from CO. One of them goes through northern places, like CO, Nebraska(lincoln and omaha), Illinois(chicago), Indiana, Iowa, Ohio(cleveland), and PA. the other one goes through CO, kansas(kansas city), missouri(st louis), illinois, indiana , ohio (columbus), and PA. I guess it's up to robbie, I've never driven across the country before and he has. Which route do you think would be more fun?

Review session was boring and unhelpful. Such a let down. I fell asleep face down in my notes. Time for Wawa? yes. Grabbed my freshies Jordan and K-Wu and we out. even got to take Jordan's Wawa virginity.

"how do I get a soda?" *standing in front of coke machine*
"where are the lids?" *lids are in container directly in front of her.*
she actually almost got lost at one point.

Two redbulls, a quesadilla and a pretzel later, we are at the library studying our faces off. I went through TWO old finals for this class. did i mention they were 120 multiple choice questions each? TWO HUNDRED AND FOURTY questions later... And when i say "went through" I mean trying to answer each question on our own, then using books/google/resources to teach ourselves the correct answer. If I don't get an A in this class, then I want a refund.

Note to self : red bull is amazing. just caffeine in general, really.

Had to say goodbye to Trina tonight. One of my favorite people on this campus. There were tears. Trina I'mma miss you so much. I know you won't be visiting, considering you're all the way in the LV, but I'll be missin you like cray. Please come back asap. August can't come soon enough.

Last goodbye of the day was to my Glittle (grand little aka little's little) hayden. Of course she was wearing a sweatshirt with dollar billz pattern on it. "lookin like a million bucks". Classic hayden. Have fun in Arkansas. or is that an oxymoron? what do they even have in arkansas? besides tshirts.

it's 2:53am and I'm in bed. Emilia's room is empty. This is the first time this semester where I've slept in my room knowing that at no point tomorrow morning, Emilia is going to walk through it and wake me up.

What have I learned today? shit ton of econ. and that goodbyes are hard and I hate them. but it's so worth it because I actually have people that make saying goodbye hard. I like having people to miss. Because then I get to look forward to seeing them again.