Saturday, May 16

Illinois thru Ohio

10:50pm Saturday Night (typing to you from room 319 at the Hampton Inn and Suites: Youngstown, Ohio)

Robbie woke up today looking and sounding like he had the plague. Alarm went off at 5:30am and he took a shower. Then immediately came out and had the chills and was shaking and went back to bed. Hmm. More sleep for us I suppose. 8am rolls around and we make the call the Rob is too sick to drive today. I run around the hotel looking for advil or some sort of fever reducer/pain reliever, and also deodorant (because one of us that isn't me forgot it). I grab and butter 4 pieces of toast, some capt'n crunch, and a hot tea to bring upstairs from the complimentary breakfast. Rob falls asleep and I get to shower. I come out and he's asleep in the bed with a plate of toast on top of him. Kid must've been tired.

Checkout and hit the road. Drive .2 miles and stop at target. Purchases include: twin pack of tooth brushes, a razor for me, and some starbucks. ok WE OUT. I know I'm the solo driver for at least six hours, so earlier this morning while I was letting Rob sleep I made a six+ hour long spotify playlist. and it didn't let me down. We hunkered down for some solid driving, and I drove straight through two tanks of gas, making only two stops for gas/food. The first leg of the trip it was pouring. So badly. I actually had to turn my hazards on and drive 40mph. I could barely see the car in front of me, let alone the rest of the road. It proceeded to rain for most of the state of Illinois and Indiana.

I've started to make a mental list throughout this road trip, and wanted to write it down to remember it. It's called..

Top 50 Most Mildly Annoying Things That Happen to Me (in order of when I think of them)
1.) Driving behind and next to three Tractor Trailer Trucks
2.) Having somebody pass you on the right
3.) Having to slam on your breaks because everyone in front of you sees a cop and throws out the anchor
4.) Having your last hair tie snap while you're putting your hair up.
5.) Forgetting to Pack a key toiletry, such as toothpaste or deodorant.

More to come, as soon as more mildly annoying things happen to me. Today was severely uneventful. I drove for seven hours straight, from 11am Central time to 6:42 central time. Filled up for gas, and Rob drove us the last hour to the Hotel in Youngstown, Ohio.

The room isn't as nice as last nights room, but the beds are the same. With the same sheets and pillows. The bathroom in this hotel room is waaaay less fancy than in Peru, Illinois (where we stayed last night also in a Hampton Inn&Suites). Mom googled us a restaurant to go to, and it ended up being two buildings away from our hotel. It was called the Station Square. It was a semi-fancy semi-casual Italian Restaurant. Now, seeing that our step dad owns an amazing Italian Restaurant, sometimes it seems insane to go to other ones, especially when we don't know if they're decent before hand. The first things that gets brought to us that we ordered were our soup/salad, shrimp cocktail appetizer we ordered, and the bread. oh the bread. It was literally sandwich bread. Like white bread. Like wonderbread if I had to choose a brand name to give it. It was a rocky start for us, but the entrees were pretty good, as were the shrimp cocktail and soups/salads. Overall 5/10, might go back again. Wine was good. I got a glass of wine. Because legal and I can. Rob and I chatted about how different we are and why we manage to get on each other's nerves so quickly. We decided that we are so similar in some ways, and too different in others. I'm a macro and he's a micro. Plain and simple.

Post dinner coma. Rob facetimes girlfriend Monica. who is visiting us in NJ for Ten whole days. the excitement is real. She was going to smuggle Robbie some In-N-Out burgers the day she left, but she is leaving too early so they won't be open. Disappointment.

Final grades went on the internet today. I got 2 B+'s and 4 A's. 3.75 semester GPA? I'll take it I suppose.

Snap chat is my favorite application for social media. Like, if I had to pick one. add me ;). alywang.

I think I see a trip to Houston, Texas in my future. Whether that future is in my sleep tonight or in real life later this summer, I'm not sure.

Now, currently, Listening to the Smiths, putting some more songs on my extensive spotify playlist, and writing this blog. No idea what time my alarm should be set for tomorrow, and I don't even care. I'm just gonna sleep until I wake up. Night night.

Distance of day 2
Total distance (~1200 miles)




LOL at the Peru Hampton Inn. come on. 


mmmm clean white sheets

because I'm super fly now. 

So disappointed with the bread sitution

SURF AND TURF good god.