I just want to say that through it all, I've found some of the best friends I could ever ask for here at Lehigh. My housemates in the Taylor Gang, you guys are amazing. and I'm so fortunate to have you fools as my day-in and day-out homies. As for the birkel and ideas crowd, you people are more than I could have ever asked for as friends. you've given me a home outside of home. you've given me a place to be truly myself without a blink of judgment. A place to play corners, a porch to paint and ponder life on, a couch to take cat naps on, and a home to cry my eyes out in when life gets too hard. I never could have imagined having friends like you guys. and if you read this, I just want you to know that you're my best friends, and you mean the world to me, and this summer is going to be filthy. in the best way possible. I'm thinking the jersey shore, Canada, Wisconsin, Lake houses and cabins, and possibly colorado and THE LV. (and I don't mean the Lehigh Valley. I'm talkin' Vegas).
Tonight I went to dinner for the last time with my irish friend Caroline, I rode on 387 out the sunroof of a car, I studied a little bit of econ and realized that playing drinking games in the basement with good people and good music was a lot more fun. I climbed a tree (even though you told me not to, mom) and made friends that I already had but now are solidified as friends. (Pistol, we make a dream team, whether you read this or not).
This semester has taken a 180 for me, and if you've been a part of it, thank you. I'm only thanking you if you've been a positive part of it for me. If you've been a negative part for me, and you're reading this, I want you to question why. and then I challenge you to either be a positive part of my life, or not in it at all.
Here's to being 21. and having really good friends. and realizing life is more than the bad things that happen. It's all about the good things. It's all about the good vibes. Find them and ride them, my friends. Good vibes are sometimes all we have to hang on to. Here's to a good summer, and an even better senior year.