Sunday, May 10

So this is what 21 feels like

Saturday night 1am, sitting at a shitty bar sucking on a whiskey sour, with a not so shitty boy and the prospect of possible sex at the end of the night. (which was great btw). A friend of an old friend comes up to me to say hi. we chit chat, he asks unknowingly about a friend I'm no longer friends with. Before he walks away, he seems as if he's forgotten to tell me something. He says, just so you know, I really like what you write in your blog. Back a couple months ago, when I read it, I really liked it.

Now mind you, I have maybe spent half an hour total with this person in my life. I know his first name, and saw him here and there freshmen year. He's a friend of a used-to-be mutual friend. Something about hearing this from him reminded me that I like writing in my blog. regardless of who reads it. I posted this on my first post ever, but this blog is for me, and not for anybody else.

I have a hell of a summer planned after these finals are over, and senior year coming up. And you know what? I want to blog about it. and the people in it. and the things that happen. and the way they make me feel. I want to blog at 2am about what's eating away at my soul. I want to post about all the people that make me happy and all of the stupid and ridiculous things we do together. I'm documenting this for my future self. Or if I spontaneously combust or die or something, you all can have something permanent to go back to and read. But mostly, I'm doing it because I want to. I want to and so I'm going to. and if you're not okay with what I post, then you should probably stop reading it. And if you are okay with it, then I welcome you to the journey.

I have my last final coming up on Tuesday, and I'm procrastinating studying to write this post. but I would like you to know I plan on crushing it. Despite how much the sound of 120 multiple choice questions makes me want to throw up.

I have a lot of high hopes for the year of 21. and most of them involve doing the shit I want to do with the people I care about, and nothing and nobody else.

As George Washington once said, "Fuck the Haters".

-A