I entice you to enter my brain with a song.
from Looking For Alaska "you shall love your crooked neighbor, with your cooked heart"
The doctor's office yesterday was average, per usual. Dana the Receptionist is becoming a friendly acquaintance. Mom was talking about the stresses of having a restaurant, ("if it were easy, everyone would have one"). Dana gave us some unexpected insight that I enjoyed. "If you can't control it, don't stress over it." I sat in the waiting room like a good little patient and mulled that one over in my head for a little bit. Before we left that day, mom gave me some advice too that stuck with me as well. I was deciding what outfit to wear because I had bought these cute pinstriped Overall shorts to wear, but I wasn't sure about that. I told her I was afraid people wouldn't like them. She got a funny look in here eye and her tone changed and she said, "It doesn't matter what people think. Even if they think good things about you, it doesn't make you any better of a person. Even if they think bad things about you, it doesn't make you and worse of a person." I decided to wear the overalls.
Two other quotes of the day by Lori
- "You never know what's going on in someone else's plate"
- " I just get so mad when my news feed doesn't load everything I want it to"
The first one being quite insightful, the second was one of the best First World Problems I've heard in a while. don't worry, called her out on it.
The most spectacular thing happened yesterday. I received a packaged addressed from someone at Lehigh University. Inside it was this..
The coolest present I've ever received. Filled with a handwritten letter, candy, UK flag print duct tape, and a batman button. Becca, Thank you. You made my day. I love you.
Last night I had a visitor, Miss Victoria DeLena paid me a visit. Bearing gifts, she popped in looking trendy as ever and we got to catching up. After hello's and how ya doin's, we settled in to watch our favorite movie, Almost Famous. Complaining about our lives and pining to be Penny Lane, we spent a lovely 2 hours and 41 minutes living in another world. A bankrupt world where the only true currency is what we share with someone when we're uncool. A world with Lester Bangs and cover stories for Rolling Stone magazine. A world where all the cool kids do drugs, it's okay to run off and become a stewardess, where it was common to be a band groupie and hangout in hotel rooms with them, where rock and roll was actually rock and roll. Where nobody is really sure when and where the real world occurs. I can't explain to all of you how much I love this movie. All I can say is that it's life changing.
Hey Tor, Looking forward to our date on Saturday babe ;)
The agenda today consists of going to Barnes and Nobel, HomeGoods, the UPS store (to mail some special goodies overseas to some special girls), the Doctor's office, and then home to watch some gossip girl. At least I'm getting to spend some quality time with mom. Maybe I'll take Bruce (my car) to the carwash this week. He's looking a bit dirty. Can't be seen riding around in a dirty Jeep. Hopefully for lunch I get to eat some Porkroll and Cheese. and Dinner I would Kill for some Riceballs from Spano's Arnold Ave. (please joey!)
Today "ootd" consists of a top from target and American Eagle jeans. American Eagle jeans are the best jeans in the history of the world. If you're gonna rock jeans as a part of your outfit, you better at least have quality denim.
For now, I'll be sitting in bed listening to music and waiting for my mom to be ready to go.
My friend is a really fantastic photographer and put a bunch of photos on flickr today. click here to check out her internationally gorgeous photos.
