Monday, September 30

The Cabin

Oh My Word.. Here we go again.


So yeah.. that happened. I don't even have words for this..



I guess what they say is true.. what happens at TCNJ stays at TCNJ. all I will say is that I'm never eating another Twizzler again. To my surprise, I almost got a decent night's sleep on a blow up mattress. I've decided to just keep it in my car at all times, because I never know when I'm going to have an impromptu sleepover. The drive home was delightful, the weather was gorgeous. I-195 isn't all that bad, and I'm getting very used to driving it considering both Lehigh and TCNJ need it to get there. 

When I was almost home I pulled up to a stop light and was checking out a zit on my face and noticed these four boys in the car next to me. Couldn't have been more than 17 y.o. My windows are cracked but my music is loud so I can't hear them, and I see them smiling and laughing so I give them the "the fuck you looking at" look and hand gesture. Then I go back to my zit. I see they are still looking at me, so after about ten seconds, I decide to give in and roll my window down. "What." "YO! Can I get Yo numbah!?" The only black kid in the car yells out. "No." "WHY NOT!? It's cause I'm black isn't it!" "No, it's not" "I bet you've never dated a black person in your life!" "actually.." Light turns green. Bai friends. see ya never. In all actuality, I've never dated a black person, no. 

I get home to find two packages on the doorstep. curiosity. hmm. let me look. addressed to ME!! Thrilled. Racking my brain.. I didn't order anything lately.. hmmm. More curiousity. Race upstairs to open. I find three very interesting brain puzzles. Toss them to my mom, huh? what are these? Who ordered them? Hmm. even MORE curiosity. check the order slip inside.. from Scotland. Oh Heather, you shouldn't have. But am I ever so glad that you did. It's only 7:23 and I've finished all of them. What's next? more please! (kiddin' on, don't.) The first one had the lowest difficulty level. the "devil's knuckles". Two metal pieces looped together. Aim? Get them apart. Easy. Cake. Oh wait. not. took me an hour of pure frustration to figure it out. Got it. mastered. Then went to lunch with a friend from high school, sweetie pie that she is she picked me up from my house. Then we heard about some people mugging people behind delicious bagels. the FUCK is that about. get a life you sketchy people. I hope you get your dicks ripped off by a rogue pit bull. After lunch it's nap time. the best time. weird nap dreams, as per usual. Can't nap without having the all time weirdest dreams. Time to drive myself to the doctor, no problem. Got adjusted and some electro-therapy stuff and more adjusting and some testing of my balance and such. Pulse is racing at 110 for no good reason. Bad pulse. Y U NO like everybody else and just stay at 75!? Ok see you Wednesday! Oh, P.S., Matt Wade Band came on over the speaker at the doctor today. Hella cool. 

Had a true scare on the drive home. I've never seen my car be so low on gas ever. It's about an eighth (took me three times to spell that btw) of a tank BELOW E. Check my DTE setting (pretty sure that's Distance to Empty) and it was 0 miles. Sweet. Let's see how far 0 miles really is. Turns out it's about four miles. good to know. Pulled into the first gas station I saw, $3.25/gal, not bad! I pull out, look across the street, had gas for $3.17/gal. cool cool. On my way home, stopped at the Beauty Supply Store for a hair clip. Four clips and Two nail polishes later, finally made it home. They sell Essie nail polish in EVERY SINGLE COLOR that exists, AND they sell it two dollars cheaper than Rite Aid, which is next door. Never going anywhere else for nail polish. ever. 

Once I was home, first I had to beat my little brother's friend in pool, but then I went upstairs, tossed on an extra large shirt and kicked off my shoes and pants. ahhhh I wish I never had to wear pants ever. What to do now? OH YEAH. puzzles. the next hardest one was Galileo's Globe. Take all the pieces apart, easy. Put them back together? Oh.. an hour later, got it! Move on. Can't wait. Like a kid on Christmas. It's a 3x3 cube made up of Tetris like pieces made of bamboo. Aim? Make a cube with the pieces. Gotta be simple right? wrong. so wrong. another whole hour later, finally got a cube. Mission accomplished. Three puzzles beasted. Brain is shot, time to loaf around in my bed and blog about the day and facebook and try to read Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle, thanks Carly's roommate!


Pics or it didn't happen.. 

theeeese are what came in the mail (after i took the first one out of the box)

solved it. done

YEAHHH. that's what we call an empty tank. 

it's a hair clip. and clearly I don't know how to use it properly. 

puzzle No. 2, globe. 

donezo.

blox

got it! nope.. 

got it! not even close.

ahhhh finally. Puzzles - 2, Aly -3. for the win




Oh yeah! Here's a song, stuck. in. my. brain. UGH. 
enjoy.