I would be lying if I said that I didn't cry myself to sleep last night. During the day I'm pretty okay with not being at school, but at the end of the day, I really just wish I was at school. I miss my sisters and my school and my house and my roommate and everything. I miss having 37 people to share a kitchen with. and share bathrooms with. and get ready to go out with. and do homework with. and raise money for our philanthropy with. and just kick ass in general with. If any of you are reading this, I really, really, really miss you. and January cannot come soon enough.
Happy October First!!! Today marks the start of the best month on the calendar. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month! and For those of who you don't know, the national philanthropy of the Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity is Breast Cancer Awareness and Education! We are partnered with The Susan G. Komen foundation, Yoplait, AND the NFL. So ladies and gentlemen, GET AWARE! When you go to the grocery, think yogurt! Yoplait to be specific. and make sure they have pink lids! and then save those lids and mail them in! Every lid counts ;)
Here's a link to our Fraternity's facebook page so you can keep yourself updated if you'd like.
Remember, THINK PINK!
https://www.facebook.com/zetataualpha
I woke up this morning sweating, and I was only wearing one article of clothing. The weather really needs to get itself sorted out. I'm sorry but 80 degrees in October doesn't fly with me. Although I woke up sweating, the reason I woke up is an entirely different story. BANG. hmm someone just through something at my window. BANG BANG. hmm. somebody is trying to get my attention. This is like romeo and juliet style. Let me go look. BANG. oh. it's acorns, assaulting my car. and the roof. and the yard. This is ridiculous. The acorns are three times as big as they were last year, and there's about twice as many. What gives? oh well.
In case any of you were wondering what it's like to sleep with me, let me show you.
let's see. Laptop. Jacket. Purse. Phone charger. wooden ZTA letters, 3 empty boxes, a roll of duct tape, a moose pillow pet. and other random objects below those. Now picture me, somewhere under the covers. This is basically the usual way I sleep. I get lonely. I like being able to get things that I need without leaving my bed. what If i need to tape something? or forget what sorority I'm in? or need to google the definition of neurotic real quick? You get the idea.
Rolled out of bed, yawned like a kitty, tossed some pants on and say my good mornings (its about 11:30). "wanna go get pizza?" is that even a question? pizza for breakfast makes for a very fabulous start to a day. The Coal House (NOT the one in point beach, the one on Route 35 a little bit passed Sea Girt Lanes) has theeeee best pizza. My mom, Joe, and I split 2 whole pies. No joke. That's an average of 5 and a third slices each. fat. asses. Then we drove to the restaurant where I was planned on taking my 15 minute walk around the shops of arnold ave. ha. after that lunch outing? not a chance. took a nap in the car while mom and joe went to the bank.
mmm. shoes and sunlight in the truck. my beat to shit keds.
Then I had the most brilliant idea I've had in a long time. I decided to go to Jo-Ann fabrics and Crafts to buy one of those Rainbow Looms to make bracelets. That would keep me occupied for hours, I won't have to look at a screen, and I could produce things. I'm a genius. SO. I get to Jo-Ann's, and the first thing I see when I walk in the door is a rack of different colored rubber bands for the loom. PERF. looking all around, I see loom bands, but no Loom. Perplexed, I asked the nearest person in a green apron, where can I find the loom for these? "Oh we don't have looms. We just have the bands" oh. cool. "they have them at Shop Rite." Got it. ok. Package of turquoise and Pink bands purchased, off to shop rite we go. LOOMZ. right in the doorway. and packs and packs of bands. This is more like it. PINK AND WHITE! second most brilliant idea I've ever had comes to mind. So I stock up on all the pink and white I can buy, and head home on the double. youtube, how to make a loom bracelet. this is so easy. fishtail, diamond, rhombus, triple stripe, you name it, I am SO on it. My mission? To make as many Pink and White and Turquoise bracelets as I can, mail them to one of my sorority sisters, and have them either sold on campus, or just have my sisters wear them to show our awareness! Get ready ladies. I will be mailing them asap. I wonder who I'm going to mail them to? Whoever texts me their box number first will be the lucky gal to get a package. I know how fun it is to get a package at school.
My father called me today, out of the blue. wanted to take me to dinner. Out to eat for two meals in one day? don't mind if I do. Destination: Longhorn Steakhouse. gahhhhh Filet and firecracker chicken rolls and ceasar salad. and baked sweet potato with cinnamon sugar and butter. Stuffed to the brim. "Did Either of you two save any room for dessert or coffee?" No. No no no. go away. I'm going to explode.
"If you're somewhere, and you're miserable, just leave. because you make it miserable for the people that actually enjoy being there"
-my dad
Stopped off at Walgreens before I went home, picked up some carmex, and then was off to nurse the biggest food baby of my life. I actually thought I was going to burst. Time to lay in bed and make more bracelets. loves it. Took a shower tonight. first time in like two days. don't judge. I just forget. mmmm so clean.
THE best flavor. Get it.
(the first video was shit, this is the real video)
Second song of the night, it's really slow, and it's a corny love song, so if neither of those appeal to you, then don't listen to it. The only instrument is a piano. and Ed Sheeran is the artist. so yeah.
enjoy.
OH YEAH. wait. watch this puppy. GAH.
in love with jumpy <3



