Saturday, October 19

Corny Love Songs







These are all songs that are love songs, some are good and some are bad, but mostly, they're all just corny. to me anyway.


Woke up this morning at the crack of noon. No responsibilities today. not even going to the Doctor. Such is the life of a 19 year old on semester-long medical leave from college. Checked on my farm. some of my crops withered. note to self: be more diligent. Mom and Joe were just heading out the door so I pranced down the stairs into the kitchen and made some scrambled eggs. and then I did all the dishes. there is something gratifying that comes along with doing the dishes and it's not half bad of a chore either. you get to get all warm and sudsy, it's like giving the dishes a bath. and then you put them in the dish washer and it does the rest. presto, clean dishes. Now if only we could train Frankie to do his own dishes and we would be getting somewhere.

Whattodowhattodowhattodowhattodowhattodo... shower? okay. now what. I literally spend my days trying to find things to do. I can't get a job, I can't go to school, I can't read books (yet), I can't play video games, and I can't watch more than one movie a day. You tell me what you would do. So, I found out that today was town-wide garage sale day. I decided to turn my daily bike ride into a garage sale adventure. Alas, not many people decided to actively participate, leaving me with a Sugar Ray CD and pure disappointment. Ah well. I've learned if you don't have any expectations, you will never be disappointed. Here, let me prove my point. I was disappointed because I was told it was town-wide garage sale day, so I was expecting there to be a lot of garage sales. However, if I didn't know it was town-wide garage sale day, and I stumbled upon one of the garage sales and found the Sugar Ray CD, I would've been perfectly content, possibly jubilant. Expectations skew our emotions, ten-fold. especially when it comes to other people. Never, under any circumstances should you expect somebody else to do something for you. Then, if somebody does decided to do something for you, whether you ask them to or not, you will be that much more grateful, because it was something you weren't expecting. Be independent. It's not a crime. Be grateful, it's also not a crime. It's actually nice. Therefore,

never have expectations, and you will never be disappointed.

The bike ride I took today was way too long. almost called my mom to pick me up. Note to self: shorter bike rides. stopped at Betty's house and watched half of Ferris Beuler's day off with her sister. and hung out with the cats. It was a good time. I love that movie.
multiple boats in the inlet. dunno why. 

Jingles doesn't have a tail ahaha. but he's so much nicer. Tigger is a tough one. he bit me onece. ugh, don't mind my hand/arm. It's hideous.


Our neighbors, all of them, from the right, left, across the street, two doors down all gathered at our neighbors to the left of us for the garage sale today. As the day ticked on and the selling items dwindled, they still stayed out there, shooting the breeze, hanging out and being neighborly and such. the guy two doors down(state trooper) and his girlfriend(fiance?wife?) and the people across the street (unemployed lawyer and wife) don't have any kids. The firefighter/electrician and wife next door to the right have two kids, and the policeman and wife to the left have two kids also. The kids always play with each other, using our front lawn as a meeting ground. Go away children. Shoo. The sun took it's daily plunge beyond the horizon, and they broke out the beers. No shocker there, it's Point Pleasant. But, any regular town would do that. They set up a tent because of the rain, and put a chiminea under it and started a fire. They would sporadically come knocking on our door asking for my mom and I to come out. Drunks. If we wanted to come outside, well, we would be outside. It's not like there was some invisible barrier keeping us inside that could only be broken by an invitation from one of them. No. go back outside. ugh. Joe wasn't home yet, and we know that when he got home from work they would suck him in to their nonsensical neighborly gathering. And they did. Mom's out there too just now. fab. I will not be participating. 

Funny story. Mom and I were upstairs playing on her computer with the window open and could hear them outside. "Let's go knock on Lori's door" knock. knock. knock. knock. I got it mom, don't worry. I scurry to the steps, take the first step and BOOM. slip. bang. bang. bang. bang. every single step. head over heels, spinning around like I was on a damn slip and slide. I fell down the entire flight of stairs. I took the first step and it was all downhill from there. literally. Next thing I knew I was lying on my back on the wooden landing at the bottom. I can hear my mom screaming, as I lie there doing a mini-self assessment. am I bleeding? any bones sticking out? no? k good. I start dying of laughter. can't catch my breath laughter. how often does one fall down the stairs? like, the ENTIRE FLIGHT. boom. boom boom. that's pretty much a once in a lifetime experience, because it's been 19 years and I can soundly say I don't think I've ever fallen down an entire staircase. Wait lemme see if I have a picture of the stairs, to help you envision this. There may or may not be bruises tomorrow. Pictures tomorrow if so.


yep there's like 13 steps. 

Frank and 8 of his friends were at the bowling alley tonight and he needed a ride home. Know how I know that? I get a text "R u home?" yeah. he never texts me. Mind you, we don't have a car that fits more than 3 people. The truck, the camaro, or my jeep. well my jeep fits five (and HAS fit 8 before, but even that was a stretch). but however, we do have the Spano's work van. hahahaha. So, off I go in the work van. It has a smell like stale garbage, so down go the windows. It handles pretty nicely for a kidnapper's van. Although it does have windows, so it's technically not a kidnapping van. But its just this huge white van. yeah. so I was rocking the van. It was actually really funny. They were all in the back except one lucky kid who jumped in the front as soon as I pulled up so he could be seat belted. The rest of them were shit out of luck. Pretty sure some of them broke a few bones. But it was hilarious. If given the choice, they would all opt to do it again. thats how much fun it was. 

That's pretty much it. One last song though, and it's my favorite Taylor Swift song, besides Fearless. Fearless really is my favorite, but this one ties it for the most part. and fitting the trend of todays blog, it is in fact a corny love song.