Tuesday, October 15

Happy Birthday Kate!

Monday, October 14th



Woke up to two rugrats piling into my bed. Love it. Julie, Kate and I went to Barnes and Nobel, my FAVE. Kate and I were in line for Starbucks and I asked kate what from the pastry window she wanted, offering a muffin, and she runs up and points to the Blondie with M&M's in it. typical. The ladies behind us laughed and said "haha, my kids do the same thing" insinuating that kate was my child. also, typical. considering she's a spitting image of me. Piling into the car, we head to Target and Michaels', getting all of our baking needs. After a long day of walking around stores, we head home to decorate pumpkin cupcakes for Kate to take to school tomorrow. They are just so cute.

Then I got a really horrible headache, of course, so I had to take a nap. being me is just sucky sometimes. Couldn't function for a couple hours. Was awoken by more little chitlins in my bed cuddling up on me. mmm. could wake up to this all the time. Time for dinner. awesome I'm starved yes please. pizza? I guess the no wheat diet can go on hold for a couple days. Although I did accompany it with a salad. So that's sort of okay.

It was funny, Julie Matt Grandma and I were all sitting around the living room on our iPads playing words with friends, each with each other. I suggested that we just play an actual game of scrabble and interact with one another instead of just being silenced by electronics. Oh well. Bed time.

Tuesday, October 15th

It's Kate's birthday!!!  Two little monkeys clambered into my bed this morning to wake me up. Never gets old.




birthday girl :)
With both kids shipped off to school, and me finally meeting their nanny of four years Vanessa, grandma and I set off on our day trip. First stop? Marshalls. Riding on the good vibes of having a birthday in the family today, Grandma agreed to buy me a couple sweaters while we were there shopping for some boots for Kate. Thanks Gram!! But not just any boots. This five year old only gets the best. We picked her out the absolute CUTEST Michael Kors boots. They were so cute we had to get them in black and brown. 



not kidding. 

They weren't too expensive though, they were just as much as some crappy looking, no-name boots. So she might as well get the good kind.

Next was an italian deli to order an antipasto to go with dinner tonight. yum yum yum. Followed by the Party Supply store. Kate has school from 9am - noon and we were set on decorating the kitchen before she got back. Streamers, check. Balloons, check. Banner, check. Birthday princess tiara, check. Time to go. but not without stopping at the farmer's stand for some birthday sunflowers. Car unloaded, we race into the kitchen to beat the clock and decorate this kitchen. Vanessa goes to pick up the birthday girl from school, we scurried along with our decorating and Julie put the finishing touches on Kate's surprise burthday cake. Bumble beeeeee. I put a streamer Bow on the dog, too. 




yes, those are sugar cooking wings. AND it has antennae. yep. Julie's super cool.

Grandma, Vanessa, Kate and I headed out to lunch at Panera, followed by manicures and pedicures! Grandma is going all out for little Kate, and Vanessa and I are happy to go along for the ride. Some woman was standing in front of her booth helping her kid get seated or something, when an elderly woman who was holding a full glass of water tried to walk passed her. She gently put her hand on the woman's back as so to make sure she wouldn't back up into her. The elderly woman apologized and continued to walk by to her table. The woman gave the woman a huge fake smile, and as soon as the woman was passed she rolled her eyes flashed the other lady at her own booth a disgusting look. As if it was her restaurant and she was the only one who was allowed to be standing in the middle of the walk way, and that it was an odd thing to do for the elderly woman to walk behind her and interrupt her conversation. People are just, mean. They might not even be intentionally mean, but at heart, a lot of people are just mean without realizing it. Its funny to catch a person's moments where they think nobody else is looking at them. 

The people giving Grandma and I our pedicures were two young-ish asian boys. I know they are talking about me. It doesn't matter what language they were speaking, boys are boys, and they always will be. Smirking and saying muffled words to each other, in a language I cannot understand but in a context I am far too familiar with. 

Mani/Pedi's done, time for us to go back to the house and have some much needed down time. Finally got in time for a shower. I feel like a whole new person. Julie finished up some work, then did some hard core exercising, thennnn forgot some more work she had to do. Poor Julie. 

"Never join the corporate world unless you want to do things like this"
-Aunt Julie as she completes a 15 page self assessment. Bleh.

Vanessa and I hungout in the living room watching the Red Sox game. I forgot everyone up here are Red Sox fans. I gave Vanessa some serious sass for it. Gram and I played some words with friends, as per usual, just killing some time before dinner would be ready. Christian and Matt were at Soccer practice, Matt coaching Christian's team. Kate was gleefully romping around out front with her friends. Quite the big day for her. 

6pm rolled around and it was time for dinner. Homemade pasta (from a deli) and meatballs and salad and bunny bread (because it's sort of shaped like a bunny rabbit). The Red Sox won, sigh and eye roll. We are all stuffed after dinner it's not even a joke. It was a pant unbuttoning, cookie-pant wearing type of dinner. Then, oh boy, it was time for presents! LOADS of cool gifts for the birthday girl. Clothes and Block Head and books from grandma, clothes and leapster games from mommy and daddy and tucker and christian, and a musical orchestra toy from our family. Smiles all around. Time to sing and eat dessert. Bumble bee cake, sugar cookie wings, and ice cream. i'm gonna need extra stretchy cookie pants tonight. ugh. I actually misplaced my pants tonight. until grandma found them.. in my suitcase.. I guess I just didn't look hard enough. whoops. The kids got ready for bed and we got all cuddly and finished the Lorax, and the kids went to bed. I went downstairs to hangout with the grownups, who are all tired and playing on their iPads and wanting to go to bed. It's a laugh. 

"Sleeping is the body's way of telling other people to go away"
-the Lorax 


It was a delightful birthday, for me anyway, tehe. But I'm sure it was for Kate too. 

enjoy!