Last night I sat in my living room and stayed up late watching the Alfred Hitchcock Show with my parents. No regrets. It's an old show, about murders and mysteries and stuff. This actress killed her thought-to-be-dead husband with her Academy Award who surprised her in her dressing room and got a little too aggressive. THEN, her and her new beau took him and tried to bury him but they dropped their map and the media and all their friends found them and they got busted. Lesson Learned I guess.. Never make a map of where you're going to bury a dead body. After the show, I listened to Cat Power by myself in the living room for like half an hour. When one of their songs play, I just get caught in the song, and I don't even realize when it's over. and then I listen to it again. I could listen to it on repeat and not know when it starts over again. I just want it to be one continuously flowing song.
Although Phil Phillips does the original version of this song, I like Cat Power's version better
Unfortunately I woke up in the middle of the night at 3am and couldn't fall back asleep until around 6. Luckily, there's a such thing as different time zones. Let's see who's awake right now... Morag? perfect. One of the best feelings is texting someone who you don't expect to answer, and then they do.
Today I went to Doctor, shocker. but then something delightful happened. I pulled in the same time that Brittany did!! Hi brittany. Doctor parks thought we carpooled together. Nope. just adventitious deliciousness. After my appointment, drove home in the rain, made some tea.... surprise THERE... English Breakfast Tea this time.. and sat around and did nothing. After I did nothing, I did some more nothing, and then I ate something. To be pacific, I ate last nights brussels sprouts and some yogurt (pink lid yoplait!!) and a thick slice of turkey. Very well rounded. The no-wheat diet is going as planned. I then proceeded to sit around in the living room. I have lots of time to think while I'm sitting around doing nothing. Today I was thinking of the things that make me happy and the things that make me unhappy, and the reasoning behind both. It's hard to put reason behind feeling. Sometimes feelings just exist, without explanation, without any known cause, without any known cure. My mom told me my mission for this "semester" is to learn how to be happy with myself. and to not let anyone make me unhappy. To get rid of all the nonsense, and just learn how to be happy. Sounds simple, but simplicity can usually be the hardest thing to achieve.
So, like he said, simplicity is what we strive for. Truly understanding something is being able to work with it in the simplest of terms.
Tonight I decided to make a video of all of the things that make me happy. I'm not sure if they make you happy too, but I don't care. That's the point. They make me smile, or laugh, and they make me happy. simple as that. So, here ya go. enjoy.
