so, I tried it... and if you sychronize the two videos, the percussion is virtually the same. the rhythm is absolutely the same, and the choruses almost come in at the same time. It's uncanny
Robbie slept over last night. It turned into a tundra though according to mom (I didn't notice because I'm a space heater and radiate heat at all times). We loafed about. I'm taking notes for my blog. What did we do this morning guys? "Nothing." So yeah. We did nothing this morning. Robbie's fraternity was hosting a pregame tailgate before the Oregon game today at 4. We planned on having breakfast at Snooze again this morning but to my ultimate dismay, there was too long of a wait. Hopes and dreams shattered like a stemless wineglass. Maybe tomorrow. We drank some tea, and I got tangled in the sheets and fell out of bed. straight up fell. After we got ready (accompanied by YES) we headed out to The BBQ. Before we left, I put on the song The Wire by HAIM, and my grandma said the intro sounded like an Eagles song, and it was funny because Betty said the SAME EXACT thing the other day. so we jammed to them too.
This was the bed fiasco
fresh out of bed, didn't even LEAVE the bed and what's the first thing I do? candy bar to the face
morning hair on a sleepy boy.
BBQ time. I love food. First thing we do is play a game of Cornhole with one of Robbie's fraternity brothers Trevor and his mother. I was on his mother's team and Trev was with Mom. We won, but it was a close game. Next to food, competition is my favorite thing. So obviously as soon as the game was done we went inside to eat. Catering by the Rib House, delicious pulled pork and chicken and creamed corn and beans and potato salad. mmmmmm fooooood. no pictures cause I ate it too fast. sorry not sorry. MONICA'S HERE. this time with her two little sisters Sam, 13, and Emma, 16, and father too. Instantly clicked. Invite to the house in California already, yes please. be there soon. If only. Got to chat and mingle and drink and eat and walk around and talk about books and boys and Netflix and mascara and picking skin on your fingers and clothing and the color purple and rubber band bracelets.
Dear God,
why couldn't you have given me sisters?
Sincerely,
Two brothers, really?
BBQ
More BBQ
Sigma Who?
Deep in conversation, probably somewhere between Mascara and my future trip to Cali
Lovelovelovelovelove
family shot at family weekend
Couple shot
Allllll da siblings! L to R, Emma, Samantha, Me, Monica, Rob
After the BBQ, we headed off to campus to the other book store for a purchase or two, then back to the car (which they let me drive finally and I didn't kill anyone) and grandma and I got to relax and mom and robbie went to Pearl street for a skateboard.
the bathroom in the book store had no stall doors.... and a shower curtain
"one way, one love"
the steps from the bottom floor to the top floor where we're staying
the new digs
Mom and Grandma dropped robbie off at his house to get ready while they went to Target. I had the house to myself to sit in the middle of the floor to blast music and do my makeup. Natural light does wonders for my face. Mom and Grandma come home and immediately make me turn down my music. Buzz Killingtons. We have reservations to go to a restaurant called The Fort, about 40 minutes away. First we pick up rob, then we get to see Monica's house before we leave. Monica's house is adorable, sorry no pictures. Got to hang out around the house and watch the Colorado Buffaloes get dominated by the Oregon Ducks. I can tell we are going to get along famously. Being a group of 9, we were forced to take two cars. Although I was so ready to cram all of us into one of our SUVs. Monica, sweet, little, Monica drives this MASSIVE Yukon XL 2500. It's quite the sight. So the Malloys take the Yukon and we take the Burb, following them down the 93. I take a nap. We get there and the Malloys take a wrong turn. ha. the first thing we see is a sign that says Beware Rattlesnakes. This is my kind of place.
"this better make the blog"
-Monica
As we get down from the parking lot, we walk through these gates into this 200 year old Indian Fort, Teepee and all. It was like we were transported back in time. As I walk in I see this white-bearded man dressed to the tee in indian gear, rifle, knife, and tomahawk and all. For the sake of the blog, we shall call him Mountain Man. He says hello. with really red eyes. he kind of freaked me out. I said hi and scurried inside because it was cold. Table was all ready, and we were so stoked to eat. The kids at one end, adults at the other. Mr. Malloy ordered this fancy drink with actual Gunpowder and Tobacco in it.
"I like your smile"
-Rob to Monica
"Now I just want to throw up"
-Emma
BANG! (the sound of an indian drum being hit behind us)
"WHOA! I thought that was the gun powder drink back firing"
- Emma, full of zingers tonight
"A world without butter is no world at all"
- Sam, having lots of butter on her rolls
Food ordered, first things first... Guacamole.
Inhaled.. in seconds. No leftovers. Monica and I would have licked the bowl if it was socially acceptable. Guess who's back? Mountain Man. He wouldn't leave me alone, talking about how his spirit is 200 years old and how he was "meant to be here". Despite all of his ridiculously creepy antics, he did give one piece of advice that I enjoyed.
"Listen, Observe, Remember, and Share. Those are the four basic Indian beliefs"
-Mountain Man
Now that I've talked about him enough, I think I should show you Mountain Man.
He actually was at our table for about half an hour. right behind me. and when he wasn't there, he was standing fifteen feet away STARING ME DOWN. We honestly had a staring contest throughout dinner. I don't know if HE knows we were having a staring contest, but we were.
Dinner was absolutely amazing. I had the filet mignon with mashed potatoes. We were the last ones to leave the restaurant. We just had so much fun. I never want to leave these people. I love all you, Malloy family <3 There were tomahawks and buffalo hats and creme brulee.
That happened.
Orange vanilla creme brulee mmmmmm. Split between Sam and I.
The gang's all here
Teepee time
cute girlies
We said our goodbyes, so sad to have to go, full of promises to see each other again soon. On our drive home, "Jesus take the wheel" came on and at the main chorus Rob (driving) and I both throw our hands in the air and belt the words. Let's just say grandma had no idea what was going on. She thought it was some trend that kids do these days. We went back to the triangle rental house, changed into cookie pants (aka pants you wear when you're too fat for jeans) and made our way back to Monica's house to be cozy and hangout with Monica and her sissys for just a little bit longer. Don't ever want to leave them.
Here's to a wonderful day and an even more wonderful night. So sad to be leaving tomorrow, but so so so happy have come at all.

















