I love my friends.
Here's the title song. It came on when I was driving up, windows down, sun was bright, and music was up. Perfect.
Woke up this morning at 11 this morning, praying to every god out there that Frank and his friends would cancel their plans to go to Six Flags so I wouldn't have to drive them. POOF. they cancelled them. It's like a miracle. I should convert. More sleeping for me. Then I took one of the longest showers in the history of showers (according to Joseph.. but that's only because he was waiting to shower after me).
Isn't it funny how things seem longer because we are waiting for them? To me, waiting makes me so anxious. If someone is going to pick me up at a certain time, I'll pace back and forth in front of my door for twenty minutes before they come and if they are two minutes late I'm presuming that they got into a car accident or some other horrific delay of time. I guess I'm afraid of making them wait. Or having them show up, think I'm not coming, and then drive away. That happened to me one morning in middle school. My friends mom would pick us up for school, and if we didn't come outside, they assumed we weren't coming to school that day. So they showed up one day and I was brushing my teeth and they left without me and I had to walk to school. I guess that's where that comes from.
Lounged around in my robe and towel some more, of course, and played Words with Friends. Some of you may be thinking "what is this, 2009?" But in reality, Words with Friends is timeless. I play with my mother and aunt, even my grandmother. It's all the rave.
After being naked for a sufficient amount of time, I put on an over sized sweater and some underwear.. So I wouldn't be completely unclothed for everyone to see.
I have a very particular routine for getting ready after a shower. And it's all based off of hypothetical situations. Basically, if somebody came up to me, grabbed me and said, "come on we're leaving right now", I need to decide what is most important to have ready. SO, the obvious first thing to do is put clothes on. Then I put my wet hair into a bun on top of my head to let it sit and dry off a little. While my hair is drying, I usually brush my teeth, but lately I've been brushing my teeth in the shower. I've never done this before in my life until I got home from this semester. Big changes in my life WHOA. Anyway, next thing to do is makeup. Because if I had to choose, I would much rather have my makeup done and my hair in a messy bun, then dried hair but a plain face. Nobody likes a plain face Jane (my middle name by the way... Jane, not plain face). So make up next. Leaving the hair for last with two options. Put product in it and leave it dry by itself throughout the day, or Blow Dry it. Today I chose to blow dry.
Once I was all ready to be grabbed and go out at a moment's notice, I put on the kettle for tea (surprise) and started packing my suitcase for this weekend's trip. My theory is that I would rather overpack than underpack. so, I took the pile of clean laundry I just did and put it in my suitcase. Along with my laptop, iPad, kodak camera, and their respective chargers. Tossed in some shoes, a sweatshirt, and my toiletries and we were in business. Bye Frankie, see you in five days! "bye"
Two pit stops later, one for a birthday card for a special little five year old, and one to drop off a cell phone for an out of luck high schooler, and we're on the road. Parkway North all the way. basically. I love making eye contact with boys my age driving on high ways. Because They always smile back and make sometimes obscene, but mostly flattering gestures, making me smile. I cruised up next to this ancient looking car with four bmx bikes tied to the top to see four boys around my age, probably older, driving next to me. Smiles all around. wink wink. herrro boys. They were blowing kisses and waving, swerving around the road. pay attention boys don't want to get yourselves or anyone else killed. We could see each other for probably two or three miles, fooling around and doing what I like to call "car flirting" and then they got off and we waved our final goodbyes and laughed to ourselves.
Grandma's house came up in no time, Skyline Drive and Ringwood and Erskine St. (Rd?) and such. Loads of memories. So I showed up an hour and a half before my Aunt and cousins did, and Nobody was home, and there was no spare key. so. basically. I'm locked out. fab. u. lous. Try all the doors, locked. windows, locked. klkl. Call grandma and she hands the phone to Pete (who is Pop Pop to the kids, but I've just always known him as Pete) who gives me the garage code and directs me to the spare key. I'm in. Mission impossible style. First thing I do? Music. How do I play music. I'm in a house by myself, loud, dancey music please. Second thing? Food, obviously. Could've seen that coming. So hungry. ugh. Let's see, grandma's house is filled with only organic, only gluten free foods. Perfect I guess, since she's the one I got inspired to do the diet from. Sliced an apple and put peanut butter (organic) on it and drizzled it with honey. Mmmmmmm. I like the think of fruits and veggies as "vessels" for more delicious things, like dips, and hummus, and peanut butter. Waiting about an hour and a half for Julie, Christian, and Kate to show up.
OMG. so I just tried to upload the second half of this blog but NONE OF IT SAVED. COOL. rewriting three hours worth of work in about five minutes.
Kids were here at grandma's, decorated the basement with halloween gear, make bracelets, Julie went to her brother's high school reunion and we were three bugs snug in a rug all cuddled up in bed. they are like cuddly little octopi. I love it. nothing beats cousin cuddles.
Woke up this morning to fresh jersey bagels, mmmmmm, ate them, got ready, and headed out for the diner to meet up with Julie's brother (uncle taco) and eat some diner food. Omlete, french toast, waffle, pork roll and cheese, eggs benedict and a panini. Mmmmmm alll the foood eveer. bellies full, we piled into the car and got ready for our road trip. Four hours wasn't even that bad. Okay. it was. but it was almost tolerable with Julie's stellar ipod selections and a rousing game of "find the letters of the alphabet in order on the license plates of passing by cars" it was fun. Finally making home, first thing the kids do is climb out of the car and race across the street to play with their friends. the benefits of living on a cul de sac I guess, you can have your kids run rampant around the neighborhood without worrying too much about losing them. Got to meet the new puppy Tucker, Portuguese water dog, whos a bit dopey but rather cute, whom I took for a walk with Julie after touring the house (haven't seen it since they remodeled. Oh. My. God. adopt me? thanks) Dinner time. chicken and peas and melon and biscuits. I love food. ugh. that's my problem. time to play outside? okay. schooling young children at basketball is what I do best. stayed out until poor kate was in tears because her hands were too cold. what does her father say? "There's no wimps in this house." gotten toughen your four year old daughters up early. no tears. none. After dinner showers were soooo necessary. we were cold and sweaty all at the same time. teeth brushed like ducks in a row in the mirror. super cute moment. Couch cuddle time before bed for the kids. My favorite time, of course. okay off to bed for them. Matt and Julie stayed up to watch Homeland until 10, and then it was pretty much bed time for all. except aly. who stays up like a fool editing videos and typing for this silly blog. woops. tomorrow holds in store for us lots of baking for a special someones birthday on tuesday. CAN'T. WAIT.
OMG. so I just tried to upload the second half of this blog but NONE OF IT SAVED. COOL. rewriting three hours worth of work in about five minutes.
Kids were here at grandma's, decorated the basement with halloween gear, make bracelets, Julie went to her brother's high school reunion and we were three bugs snug in a rug all cuddled up in bed. they are like cuddly little octopi. I love it. nothing beats cousin cuddles.
Woke up this morning to fresh jersey bagels, mmmmmm, ate them, got ready, and headed out for the diner to meet up with Julie's brother (uncle taco) and eat some diner food. Omlete, french toast, waffle, pork roll and cheese, eggs benedict and a panini. Mmmmmm alll the foood eveer. bellies full, we piled into the car and got ready for our road trip. Four hours wasn't even that bad. Okay. it was. but it was almost tolerable with Julie's stellar ipod selections and a rousing game of "find the letters of the alphabet in order on the license plates of passing by cars" it was fun. Finally making home, first thing the kids do is climb out of the car and race across the street to play with their friends. the benefits of living on a cul de sac I guess, you can have your kids run rampant around the neighborhood without worrying too much about losing them. Got to meet the new puppy Tucker, Portuguese water dog, whos a bit dopey but rather cute, whom I took for a walk with Julie after touring the house (haven't seen it since they remodeled. Oh. My. God. adopt me? thanks) Dinner time. chicken and peas and melon and biscuits. I love food. ugh. that's my problem. time to play outside? okay. schooling young children at basketball is what I do best. stayed out until poor kate was in tears because her hands were too cold. what does her father say? "There's no wimps in this house." gotten toughen your four year old daughters up early. no tears. none. After dinner showers were soooo necessary. we were cold and sweaty all at the same time. teeth brushed like ducks in a row in the mirror. super cute moment. Couch cuddle time before bed for the kids. My favorite time, of course. okay off to bed for them. Matt and Julie stayed up to watch Homeland until 10, and then it was pretty much bed time for all. except aly. who stays up like a fool editing videos and typing for this silly blog. woops. tomorrow holds in store for us lots of baking for a special someones birthday on tuesday. CAN'T. WAIT.
"look at me"
hahah there were about 6 pictures of just cars.. really christian?
scenic pics
eye see you kate!
"look at my pallet expander!"
"i'm not tired.."
#selfienation over here. ahhahahh nice one kid.
decorated basement.
mirror selfies with my smokin' aunt in the back. damn. sorry shes taken.
he is SUCH. A. HAM. loves the camera.
sleeping position #1
sleeping position #2
sleeping position #3
NEVER have an ordinary day.
after we got out of the car, they piled into their pillows and blankets on the kitchen floor.
couldn't resist screen shotting this treat from hev and mog <3
"It doesn't matter if you get 42 Miles per Gallon if the Miles aren't fun"
what I think about today's society. think about it deeper. if you agree with me, let me know, maybe we can start a revolution.
If you've stuck with me through this entire blog post, I congratulate you with a video. and adorable compilation of my sweet cousins. enjoy!






