Friday, October 25

California Stars

"I want to go to California"
-Andrew Ruff
I want to go with you bud. one day.

I read somewhere today that said "according to research, it takes 21 days to form a habit".
A thought inducing statement to say the least. but I'm not sure I trust the validity of it. My friend's little sister at dinner tonight said, "So if I eat chicken parm for 21 days I'll eat it for the rest of my life?" no laura, that's not how it works, sorry. then again, I used to think that brown cows made chocolate milk. 
My little brother and his friends ran around in dresses today. My dresses to be specific. Last year's halloween costume. I wish I was kidding. 

Good thing him and his friends don't check my blog, because they don't know that I posted these anywhere. tehehe. For your eyes only.








Here's a tumblr account that some people at my University started. So Lehigh folks, check it out. It's a bit of an eye-opener. 


also, Lehigh students or people in the Bethlehem area, last chance to register for ZTA's paint it pink run tomorrow. This is our final event to wrap up our week of philanthropic adventures. It's not long at all and it's gonna be a good time. You'll be covered in paint. and love it. 
click hereeeeeeeeee . 

So today after my dentist appointment mother and I went on a lovely day trip. Costco, Delicious Orchards, loads of good times. Except I was feeling oddly anxious. I'm not sure what I was anxious about. I wasn't anticipating anything, and I wasn't afraid of anything, I mean honestly, we were picking up asparagus and halloween decorations. I don't really know how to describe what an unprovoked anxious feeling feels like. I understand being anxious about situations that are worthy of nerves, like waiting for a test result or being in the same room as your ex, but this is different. Usually anxiety comes from not knowing an outcome of a situation. So I guess that sort of stems my anxiety? Except there wasn't much for me to not know. It's just frustrating. and THEN my brain decide to fry, rendering me completely exhausted, unable to participate in any more of the fun. It's like I'll be fine and then someone flips a switch and my brain turns off. I dunno if any of you have ever experienced anything like that, but picture the exact opposite reaction to a cup of coffee. One minute you feel one way, and the next you feel strongly another. Picture going from on to off in a heartbeat. 



best damn apple cider out there. period. ever. 


creepy family on my carving kit #nicestashdad

just a view of the manasquan river from the 35 Bridge .


We got back to the house, cleaned up and then got down to decorating. And I have to say, we have the best decorations on the block. no joke. come take a look. You'll be spooked. Pumpkin guts everywhere, scary faces carved into the soft flesh of pumpkins, pumpkin seeds roasted and salted to perfection, I would say it was a pumpkinny day. Feels like it should. It was very festive. 

work in progress #sunsoutgunsout

just making a mess with mom

my masterpiece. his name is Jeffery Dahmer

mmmm

mommy's little boy. I forget what she named him. Pumpkin head or something. 



Now it's time for dinner. FINALLY. I'm taking Elizabeth, Laura, and Andrew to our restaurant for dinner. Even as the owner's steppy, we still had a wait for a table. That's when you know it's busy. Ah well, bittersweet I guess. Knowing the business' success directly correlates with your stepdad's misery and pain.

Dinner was Butternut Squash Gnocchi with figs, salads, chicken parm and chicken francaise and pasta and potato croquettes and veggies. stuffed. absolutely stuffed. can't even move. time for ice cream. Actually making me want to vomit. ran into an old friend at Hoffman's. The ice cream there is just massive. and homemade, and delicious. no reason not to go there besides their notoriously long lines. thank god for fall. Pumpkin for me with whipped cream, chocolate chip mint mixed with cookie dough for better, cake batter and cookie monster for andrew, and I missed lauras order, but I know it had cookie dough topping on it. Ugh. we are SUCH fatasses. 

nice denim suit, pal. 

I had already started mine.

the Davis sisters 

Betty clearly did something stupid. 

mmmm. 

And last but not least .... 



There was supposed to be a video I was going to edit together of some funny stuff from tonight but I don't have the energy to do it. Betty is very excited to make movies this weekend, So I'm sure some of the footage will end up being posted somewhere.

for now, enjoy.