As soon as we were all up and awake, it was time to get ready for the day. The minute mom hopped in the shower, Grandma and I put on some John Denver on the record player and started ourselves a singalong. Mom wasn't too keen on John Denver so we eventually had to change it. Before we got any further with our day, we had to pick up Robbie. Mom went to pick him up while Gram and I continued to get ready.
I step outside on the porch and this is what I see. I am rekindling my wild love affair with the Mountains. We were here for Boulder's first snowfall, how cool!?
Once Robbie was obtained we set off for Pearl Street. Turns out it was only a block and a half from our house, not four blocks. Much excitement there. Top of my list is food. of course. brunch, to be specific. On our walk there we find out the Rob's girlfriend Monica and her mother are going to be meeting us for breakfast. I am bouncing with excitement. Restaurant of choice is a breakfast and brunch place named Snooze. Rob's never been, but Monica highly recommended it. Put our name in, 20-25 minute wait. Perfect. Time to walk the shops a bit. Coolest store thus far was the Army Supply Store. Best purchase of the day? An American Flag. Cannot wait to hang it. or wear it like a cape. or sleep in it. ugh. I love America. This store had everything from Ray Ban sunglasses to flashlights and Colombia Jackets and Camping Equipment. Totally awesome store.
Purchases made, it was time to eat (and meet monica!!!). Mom, Grandma and I are seated, waiting and Robbie is getting Monica and her mom from outside. They walk in and find the table, so much excitement all around. Having breakfast was a blast. Lots of chatter, plans made for dinner together tomorrow night, our family and theirs, and lots of FOOD! ugh. Drooling over the food. Picking a meal was the hardest decision I had to make all day. Ended up going with French Toast with a side of bacon. and it was so worth it. Monica got a breakfast burrito the size of a new born puppy, Rob had some breakfast pot pie, mom had the most amazing cornbeef hash, and grandma and Mrs. Monica's Mom got scrambles. I hope we come back again tomorrow because I want to try everything else on the menu. Not only did I finish my plate, but I helped grandma finish the rest of hers as well, along with trying a bite of Monica's and Mom's. I see a trend forming here.. It's called Obesity.
family shot.
Robbie and Monica!!!
Yum yum yum yum ZOMG.
The 'after' picture. Ain't she cute?
Off to walk the Street of Pearl. So many shops, so little monies. Don't worry, Grandma to the rescue.
"Don't drink the milk, it's spoiled like the children"
-Mom after Grandma bought Rob a pair of pants and me a sweater
Spotted: A Three story bookstore. YES please. shelves and shelves of books. Floors and floors of shelves and shelves of books. It was so warm and cozy, I could have sat in there all day curled up with a book. Ended up purchasing Walt Whitman's Song of Myself. Can't wait to read it. Romping around the Pearl Street Mall, we took some cute pictures. Found a man giving jokes for a quarter. Don't think I didn't get one.
"There were these three french fries walking along the street. They were all sad and soggy and salty. They think to themselves, what could make today better? The obvious answer: a beer. So they make their way to the nearest bar and head straight for the counter. Three beers please. 'Sorry, we don't serve food here'."
it was a beaver..
leap frogging the leap frog
"Help meeeeee!"
I've got my eye on you, iris
We're beautiful
"this is what siblings do right?"
he's so unfazed.
accordion playing man.
adorable women
posing with the elk
I laughed. worth the quarter. it was punny and I liked it. Took a quick pit stop home to get the car, then took a mini Boulder tour, to the boulder creek at least. We got to see some damage from the recent flooding. Pretty amazing what nature is capable of. Next we stopped at Rob's fraternity complex, Sigma Nu. Pretty badass set up. Five houses, a basket ball court, a volley ball court, and tons of parking spaces.
what is wrong with me
captain morgan pose
Sig nu
sig nu
robbie and ralphie
After a whole bunch of walking, my body decides to tell me it feels like fatiguing out on me. sweet. so instead of passing out, I decide to go home and nap while they continue onward to bigger and better things, like going to Target. Nap time until about 7 when they get home. they brought goodies though.
prime purchases.
"He who only knows his own generation remains a child forever"
-Robbie quoting another quote
First thing I'm thinking about when I wake up? Food. Obvi. I suggest Illegal Pete's because it's quick and easy and delicious mexican food, but grandma wants to do something more luxurious. We decide on a place around the corner called Agave Mexico Bistro. Called ahead, got a table, got right in, and was seated immediately upon arrival. Rob and Grandma are all over those margaritas. I don't blame them. Guacamole first. Gone in minutes.
Appetizers second. Devoured equally as fast.
Finally entrees, although they didn't really live up to the appetizers. I barely touched mine. I didn't really like the mole sauce, and it was drowning in it. also accidentally flung a half an enchilada on the floor. my bad.
Lastly was a little dessert. Fried Ice cream. mmmm. Except. wait a minute. This is rock hard. Turns out, they just took the fried ice cream balls out of the freezer and plated them without frying them... Granted it was 9:52 and they close at ten, it was really disappointing. To me as a restaurant owner's kid, if there's anything I know, it's that "closing at ten" means "seating until ten". we were seated at 9. We had every right to be there and sit and enjoy dessert. The waiter ended up taking the dessert off the bill and bringing us fried ice cream that was actually fried, and it was delicious.
"That's alcohol. You can't just drink it like it's water. That's the problem with you college kids"
-Grandma commenting on the speed of ingestion Robbie was using with his drinks
I actually couldn't stifle a laugh properly. It was hilarious. Then she took a shot at me when I offered to drive home since mom was tired and rob and she drank tequila. "We don't need an accident". We were driving .7 miles around the corner. Then everyone continued to tell me how bad of a driver I was. "Just look at the way she eats! Let alone her driving" thanks guys. yep. sweet. Mom drives us home to the tune of my sharp, sarcastic, bitter comments about how "difficult it is to park this big car. I would've hit six garbage cans and a dog by now. Thanks god I didn't drive". Yeh. I was bitter. Sorry I'm almost sorry.
Once home, pull out couch engaged, Rob's tucked away and ready for bed. Mom's second to hop into bed. Grandma last (after some mildly fresh comments on my part. Sorry grandma), and I'm last to sleep, kept up by this post. Gotta love it.
"Do you have to report to someone that you won't be coming home tonight?"
- Grandma referring to Robbie sleeping here and not at the frat house.
Again, laughter was poorly stifled.
Day two, success. Big plans for day three!
























