Sunday, January 12

Bid Day

Woke up today and rolled myself out of bed. Showered alone. well, I typically shower alone.. I mean nobody else was in the other 4 showers. Set up started at noon. We were all so anxious and excited to see the list of new members you could feel a buzz of energy around the house. It came in an e-mail around the same time they would've been receiving their bids. Obsessed. These ladies are amazing. The time between when we got the list to when we were lined up in our cars getting ready to pick them up flew by. Especially since Victoria had me trapped in her room adjusting the google docs calendar for the chapter to have. You're welcome. It was alright thought because I had a 2nd crepe I brought back from the Crepe Place, Full of Crepe, because yes, that's right, I ate two crepes in one day. But, recruitment is over, which means I'll be eating like a normal human again so my pants still fit.

Picture this.. twelve cars, decorated all over with "royalty on board" "zeta tau alpha" "ZTA", blasting dance music, all in a train following one another, honking their horns like crazy packed with girls all screaming. That was us (and every other sorority on the hill at various other times) on our way to pick up our girls. It was insane, and honestly I could relive that moment over and over. Once all of our girls were picked up, time to go to the house to celebrate. Enough said. Welcome Home girls. not four years, but for life <3