I've decided the parking meters at Lehigh are just another scam for money. As if we don't pay them enough. I've driven down to classes every day since school has started, and I never put in enough money for the amount of time I'm parked, not once. And I've never gotten a ticket. Yesterday, I didn't even put money in. It was too cold and I just was like fuck it no one will care. I was parked on the main road for two hours and no ticket. I'm telling you, it's all a ruse.
Whenever I wake up and see a sunny day, I always mistake sunlight for warmth. Today was a perfect blue bird day, sun was shining, pretty white snow was fluffy on the ground. It was all swell and dandy before I actually set foot outside, where I faced the whipping snowy winds and was miserable. It was cold. It was slippery. My car thermometer read "-1". Polar Vortex Round Two? NO thanks. I think Elsa just caused another snowpacolypse using her Cryokinesis power.
I walked a total of twenty-five feet from my car to the building and my face was frozen. Our driveway isn't plowed, our walkways weren't plowed, the snow kept blocking the door of the house from shutting causing the alarm to go off everytime someone came in or out. It was a nightmare. I love winter, but just.. not when I have to be out in it. If the weather doesn't warm up, this snow is just going to sit here and stare me in the face every day mocking me. Saying, "go ahead, try and walk on me. you'll fall. and then you'll be wet and cold and miserable". I just know it.
My day was made brighter by two little cuties waiting outside of my class for me today. We walked to the post office together. I miss you already <3
Here's to wishing for warmer weather
enjoy x
