Friday, January 10

Day 7: Anything Can Happen

The past three days have been a total whirlwind. Don't even know where to start. Rounds two and three of Recruitment are over. Just Pref round tomorrow night and then BID DAAAY. (said like Hump daaay). I never. ever. want to hang another set up bistro lights again. I got orders to hang them in the kitchen one way, and as soon as i finished hanging them, one of our advisors who was visiting came over and said to redo them because the angles were too big. Up the ladder, take the hook out, take the lights down, down the ladder, move the ladder, repeat. Once they're all down, Up the ladder, put the hook in, put the lights up, down the ladder, move the ladder, repeat. Stop. Drop dead. Someone decided to set up all of the tables in their before I was finished hanging the lights, so there was the occasional shoving of six tables out of the way to get the ladder through. 

When we were standing in line today waiting for one of our rounds to start, since I had the computer and speakers out, I started playing music for us to sing along to. Little did I know, it would turn into a full blown dance party. There were not one, but two full blown dance parties today. Another one cropped up when we were taking down decorations upstairs. These girls are too much. Every moment has potential to be a dance party, doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing. 

Every time my roommate walks into our room and I'm in there she jumps. She isn't used to having a roommate. It's really funny. 

Today I had a battle with the financial aid office. Well, that's just where it started. Ready? I couldn't register for classes because the bursar's office had a hold on my account. The bursar's office had a hold on my account because the financial aid office didn't pay them yet with all of my financial aid. The financial aid office didn't apply my financial aid because I wasn't registered for classes. Notice how we've come full circle here. Each office blamed the other one for why I couldn't register yet and why I still had a hold on my account. First I went to the financial aid office. They sent me to the registrar's office. They sent me to the Bursars office. FINALLY they were the first one's to tell me "Hey, you don't owe the school $16,689.99 in two days in order to register for classes on Monday. You actually don't owe anything because of your financial aid. Let me lift that hold for you". I cried I was so happy. Classes registered for, Praises sent to God and Allah and Jesus and whoever else. Gods of Lehigh's Bursar's office.

I took a break from hanging the lights tonight and ate dinner. Ron made mexican taco fixings again to clean out the fridge to have room to cook tomorrow. They were just as good this time too. I sat on the kitchen floor by myself and ate them. (we don't have tables to eat on because they're all set up for Pref round). And then I had Chips Ahoy and milk. and then I poured cereal in my milk cup. and then I drank the milk. I have no shame.

Our VP III of recruitment, Lauren, has to use a walkie talkie to keep in touch with the other VPs of recruitment in the other houses as well as the people in charge of recruitment. It keeps every house synchronized down to the minute. The walkie talkie has to be picked up at 8am and dropped off by 9pm. Since I'm a nice person, whenever Lauren asks me to drive her to get it I always say yes. So tonight, as we're walking to my car, we notice the parking lot is covered in black ice. We don't think anything of it. To get to our parking lot, you have to come up this really steep drive way, and on our way down it, I'm hitting the breaks to stop at the stopsign at the bottom and I notice I'm not slowing down. It's like I don't even have brakes. I put them to the floor and it doesn't make a single difference. We slide right through the stopsign and into the middle of the street until we slowly bump the curb perpendicular to us across the street. We're like, fuck. How are we gonna get back up? Might as well go down and drop off the walkie talkie since we can't go up anyway. We make it down the hill fine, and we make it all the way back up to where we went through the stop sign fine. As soon as we turn onto the hill to go up to Zeta I know we're fucked, I can feel it. I'm on the gas and I just hear tires spinning and then the back of my car starts drifting to the far right until it finally lands in the bank of snow. Cool. Totally stuck. One car tries to pull out of AXO and doesn't, and another Zeta is stopped on the side of the hill. Another two of our girls' cars pulls in behind me. Doesn't even bother trying because I'm sideways at this point. So of course I call my mom. or rather, she calls me. Lauren is out of the car at this point having a minor panic attack. Mom tells me put it in 4 wheel drive lo and creep out of there. I did, and it worked, but it was a little scary not gonna lie. It was sooo slow and I kept sliding left and right, with barely any traction. Never again do I want to experience black ice. I'm not leaving the house until the weather is above freezing and there's been no recent precipitation. 

My neck is super sore from holding up my fat head all day, I can't wait to bury my face in my voluptuous king sized pillows and sleep until whenever we have to wake up. I don't even know when we have to. Not caring. Not even a little bit. 

I watched this video about a man who plays with wild lions. I like it. 


I am loving ellie this week