Tuesday, January 7

Day 4: Timber



Round one of Recruitment was a total success. To say we killed it was an understatement. Slip ups here and there are fixable with practice and more time, and tomorrow is going to be so much better. I tasted a Macaroon for the first time today, let me tell you, it is like the sweet nectar of the Gods. There are few things I wouldn't do to get my hands on a Macaroon. I suppose the most logical one would just be to buy them. Ah well. Waking up at 7am is slowly becoming a habit (remember forming habits take 21 days so hopefully I'll break the habit by the time classes start). After singing, talking, breathing, more singing, more talking, less breathing, more shouting, more hellos and goodbyes and how ya doin where ya from, I can already feel like I'm going to lose my voice. Oh the woes of Rush Week. Ron made us pesto chicken and our VPIII lauren bought like 11 2-liter bottles of soda for dinner (she needed them for a craft) so we sat under the stair case in a little alcove and had ourselves a little family dinner. Moments like these are the ones we'll remember when we look back on past recruitments..

"It's like a sorority sweatshop in here"
- Elizabeth Illiano

"I saw Emily Poche with cookie dough and a diet coke, so I got cookie dough and a diet coke..... I don't even like diet coke"
-Sofie Coopersmith

"A luke warm hotdog is better than a piping hot one, and better than a frozen one"
- the wise words of Haley Lombardo

"A day without peanut butter isn't a day at all. Doesn't exist in my calendar"
- Fiene 

After today, I know how to make a paper airplane in about 8 seconds flat. And I never want to make another paper airplane again. In case you were curious about the peanut butter comment, Fiene loves peanut butter. like... it's the bane of her existence. If Fiene didn't have peanut butter at least once a day, the world would stop spinning and we'd all die. So in our room, at any given time, is at minimum two jars of peanut butter, one loaf of bread, and a jar of grape jelly. Don't hate, appreciate. Our room is also now absolutely freezing. We have a reasoning behind that. Our to room was super hot the other day so we cracked the window for a few minutes and then shut it again, and since then it's been freezing. We must have upset the college dorm room God's or something because the windows been closed for a day and it's still cold. The struggle. Oh and also, Lehigh email is Completely fucking me over now that it's coming through a Gmail account. My accounts are like, tied together and connect and it's screwing with my blogger and my YouTube account and it's just like. . Why Lehigh? Why? Why couldn't you have just kept it on the Lehigh website. why did you make it through Gmail? No patience for this blasphemy. None. 

So in other news.. the Zeta Tau Alpha national President, Keeley McDonald-Riddle, is here for a day of our recruitment. We couldn't be more honored and flat out ecstatic that she's here. It's not everyday your national president is chillin in your house. Some chapters never get to meet her at all, like she's some big mythical being or something, and we're fortunate enough to have her personally for recruitment. Thanks Mrs. Riddle! 

Basically tomorrow and the rest of the week, we're gonna keep trying to kick ass and take names, and hopefully have tons more fun along the way. Get ready for day two tomorrow gals! 

I love me some Emac <3 

Pretty girls 





enjoy!