Friday, January 3

Talk Dirty

Ah first post of the new year. and my 50th post! Headed into 2014, I'm keeping my expectations realistic. Passing my classes, going to the gym, sleeping more, ya know, resolutions that most people make but don't really stick to. There's one resolution that I've decided on that isn't something I can really try for, but merely hope for. I'm hoping for new problems than the ones I had last year. I don't want to continuously be bothered by last year's problems. They happened last year, and they're done. I'm over them. I want a new set of problems. I want things that challenge me and will make me a better person. I want problems to make me question everything I'm doing, and make me think in ways I never have. I want a class that has a concept I've never heard of before and didn't knew existed. I want to meet someone that drives me crazy in the best way possible, and someone that drives me crazy in the worst way possible. I want to be able to do something that nobody else knows how to do, or at least, not everybody. I want to be literate. I want to finish novels, not TV series on Netflix. I want to hold intelligent conversations as often as I have goofy conversations. I want to be able to make social references and not have jokes go over my head. Granted some of these resolutions are things that already happen, I want to keep them up this year too. I want to resolve to keep trying to be more awesome than I was the day before. I am going to resolve to tell myself how it is, keep it real with myself. I'm going to take advantage of not feeling lonely, because you're in this world alone, so in those moments where hey, maybe you don't feel so lonely, ya gotta appreciate those. And those friends I have, yea, I'm resolving to make sure they know they're the best people I've ever met and make me want to be a better person. Yep, you. You know who you are. and if you're reading this and you know that's it's not you, then I'm really not sorry. So basically, be a better person, yada yada, be smart and make it through this semester of school without passing out, and snag some good grades along the way.

I read this list of 100 things every 20 something needs to realize, and I loved it. Here's a link if you want it. http://elitedaily.com/life/the-100-things-every-20-something-needs-to-realize/ clicky clicky

The kitten we have, Kitty, she smells really bad when she poops. She stinks up the whole house. but she's so cute it cancels out the smell  I think. Everyone has their flaws and their quirks. she wouldn't be the same kitty if she didn't have dangerously smelly poops. And that's what makes her Kitty. So the next time you are worried about what's wrong with you, know that most of the time, it doesn't outweigh your good stuff. Everyone's got good stuff. and it's all a balancing act. Nobody has like, an abundance of good stuff. and they're not human if they do. or very good at hiding their not-so-good stuff. Just think of it as a whole. all your goods and your bads are what make you You. nobody has the same good and bads. and if they do, they're most likely you're best friend. Stop stressing about your flaws and just focus on the balance.

Since I last posted, I've downloaded some good music, I've hosted a bunch of holiday parties, got spoiled rotten by santa claus, gone on a road trip skiing in Vermont (ate a lot of cheese and had a chocolate covered sugar waffle ON the ski slopes), learned how to play a new game (Terzetto) , bought two new novels (The Beautiful and the Damned, an Abundance of Katherines), kissed nobody at midnight on New Years Eve, won a game of Monopoly with some smooth negotiating , risky business moves, and a whole lot of luck, I've shoveled two driveways after a major snow storm, contacted spirits using a ouija board, watched a movie called Triangle which blew my mind into a thousand pieces with no remorse whatsoever, got into many arguments about Grilled vs. Fried things, took some embarrassing photos of myself and my friends, and got re-admitted to Lehigh for this upcoming semester.



I'm keeping this post short because I want to get current so I can go back to lengthier ones that are about shorter periods of time. I'm going to bed relatively early so I can wake up, pick up Emac and drive to Lehigh to finish up sophomore year. There are so many good things in store it's scary. Like legit giving me anxiety. Instead of being excited I've crossed the line and just decided to panic. But as they say, a little party never killed nobody. That has no significant relevance, but it does make sense if you don't think about it. Ya gotta be in from the feet up. Meaning you have to commit, and you have to be solid, starting with your feet. Dunno if that makes sense but I heard that somewhere, I don't even remember where I heard it but that's not the point. Picture you are a goldfish sitting on a table in a bag of water, like when you bring them home from the pet store. Now picture there are four small holes poked in the bag draining the water. That's what anxiety feels like. But most of the time it's in your head. I know that's the case for me. I also learned jealousy is not what you see, it's what you imagine. that's a fact. can vouch for that first hand. if you just stop imagine that everyone else is doing things you're not, or having more fun than you, or talking about you, I swear you'll be so much better off. Get rid of your FOMO. (Fear of Missing Out). Be the thing people fear missing out on. Make everything you're doing seem like it's the thing to do, even if you're the only one doing it. Because if you're happy with what you're doing, who gives a damn what anyone else is doing? Poof. no more FOMO.

This post has no structure and organization and that's how I like it. I hope you all have a new year filled with everything you deserve. I mean that, really I do. I finally get to move forward with my college career and it feels good and scary and big and small and new and old at the same time. I'm a ball of emotions but as long as my good ones balance out my bad ones, it can't be too bad. Here's to 2014 and all it has in store.