Saturday, November 16

Kitten Chow

Since I'm typing this passed midnight, I need to give a little shout out to my girl Molly Higgins, Happy 20th Birthday betch. Congrats on being old, and beating teen pregnancy. (I'm repeatedly saying this because I'm so damn amazed that you did it). Don't do anything I wouldn't do. <3 enjoy yer day.

I woke up today to seven texts messages from my mom each saying "KITTY!!!" The pet adoption agency opens at 11 and is open until 2. She told me when I got up that it was 10:55 and I needed to be up and dressed so we could get there before everyone else. I was in such a rush I didn't event bother checking the actual time, I just threw on whatever clothes were on the top of the basket, brushed my teeth, and hopped in the car. turns out it was about 10:30 when she woke me up.

It was super busy when we got there, but we were the first ones to be helped, we got there at 11:04. Punctual for a first. After two hours of paperwork and picking out cat toys and litter and bowls and food and lots of other things, we FINALLY got to take our cats home. The newest additions to our home, Peppercorn "Pepper" "kitten chow" "kitty meow meow" "meow meow kitten chow", and Santino number 2 "sonny" "modigliani" "momo" moddy".. They really have a range of nicknames. Although pepper comes RUNNING from one side of the house to the other when I say "here Kitty meow meow! come come!" When they were first settling in, sonny was shy but then really really friendly, and was letting everybody pet and love him. Kitten Chow was being a rambunctious kitten and not wanting to be help much. As time went on, Momo found himself under my parents bed, and absolutely nothing could coerce him out. I tried.. and got wounded, and was like.. fuck this. stay under the bed then. Can't stay there forever. I will love you eventually, whether you like it or not. Kitty Kitty Meow Meow on the other hand became a kitten scarf, Lying on our shoulders/necks/chests and snoozing and purring like crazy. I'm in love with that little thing. She slept on me for about two hours today. ugh, too much cuteness. Although we had a near death aversion tonight, she jumped about 4 feed from the ottoman to the bar because she spotted a toy up there, and she landed hanging by her two front paws, and a drawer door was lying on the bar and she pulled it right off on top of herself. She is seemingly unscathed though. I mean, it was like a 3 foot long piece of wood falling on her. Nearly gave me a heart attack. I have no idea where they are now, but I'm hoping to find one in my bed tomorrow morning. Here's to wishful thinking.

momo

moddy

OHMYGOSH look at those tufts of hair coming out of her ears

sweepy kitty meow 

mommy and kitten chow

Santino's big "fuck off" to me. 

DAWH. look at dat pussy cat. 

Overheard from my little brother's room while he's playing with the cat.. "She's so cute I'm gonna die.. Do you think you can die from cuteness?"

eat your heart out xx



enjoy.