Monday, November 11

She's So mean



Since Jenna Marbles is my favorite blogger/vlogger/Youtuber on the planet, I decided to have some friends help me make a response to one of the videos she made. Link, here. 

I realized I haven't posted a blog in about 6 days. Last wednesday I guess? whooooops.

let's see. since then, Thursday I had work. This one lady had the teeniest tiniest hands in the whole world. Her hand, fingers included, was as big as my palm. No joke. The 67 cents I gave her almost fell out of her hands. that tiny. But the weirder part was the her body was moderately normal sized.

Friday Betty came home, and we had ice cream sundaes, and I had to bring my own Milk and whipped cream, because betty's house didn't have whipped cream, and they only have Skim Milk. I am very against skim milk. it tastes like milk flavored water. The sundaes were good, the ice cream was chocolate chip. not Mint Chocolate chip. Just chocolate chip. We played racing games for Wii. They get me going.



...... s'you'll never guess what I just did. I had my entire blog post typed out from here, on my phone, because I did it at work while I was bored, and I got home and accidentally hit "discard" instead of "save". So.. there's that. Now I have to try and remember all of the prophetic things that I said Using my Siri App that listens to me and types it out.


I was really looking forward to Saturday. Two of my friends visited me from school! We drove around by the beach, hung out at my house, picked up betty and went to surf taco for guacamole and chips. And about a dozen games of connect 4. Then we went back to my house, played more racing games (betty and I are on a game kick, we'll see how long it lasts) and Andrew and his friend from school came to visit for about .2234 seconds. Next stop, Spano's for dinner. Being the keen beans that we are, we had it all planned out to each pick a partner and split a meal, and get one appetizer to the four of us. Still went home with leftovers. How does that even happen? I have to say, I have never laughed harder during a meal in my entire life. We laughed from the moment we sat down and just didn't stop. Rachel and Betty were the ones who always started the laughter, usually after Me or Becca said something. Becca and I played off each other and the other two just went crazy, making us laugh even harder. We played the laughing game, where you stare at someone straight-faced, and whoever laughs first loses. It was genuine laughter. Side slipping, stomach aching laughter. Lots of it. Moments like this are hard to come by. We laughed our way through dinner, and on towards dessert. Ice cream at Hoffmann's please. Becca made a mess of herself. can't take her anywhere. after stuffing our faces we rolled ourselves to the car and onwards to my house, to loaf around the living room and make a hilariously funny video (see top). Cookie pants, on. Jeans won't button. Finally it was time for them to part, after a quick car battery mishap. Hopefully we'll see each other again before christmas. And hopefully next year we can room together? that would be a fantastic nightmare. oh gawd.




Today was comfortably identical to most Mondays. Woke up to sunbeams on my face, the breeze of my fan gently dancing across my eyelids, lifting them open. I sat in a tight ball, blankets up to my eyes, messaging my fav gals a happy good morning (or afternoon depending on the time zone). Mom assembled corn beef hash and over easy eggs for breakfast, in bed. She's a great woman. Then I played Playstation 2 for hours on end, until I had to go to work. Work was boring and lonely. Victoria visited me today at work. She stuck around for a while to keep me company. It was nice. I was so bored I made lots of vines and listened to my itunes on shuffle. I got things from Jar of Hearts - christina perri to High School Musical to john mayer to Michael Buble's christmas album. It was a jolly good time. 

I hate newspapers. THe feeling of them on my hands is comparable to the level of horrible that is nails on a chalk board. It makes my skin crawl. After dealing with the newspapers at work tonight, I washed my hands twice, for extended lengths of time. the Ink irritates my skin, making everything I touch feel like newspaper too. I feel like I can't make it go away properly. Also, I just don't like the idea newspapers in general. I think they are obsolete. That's what the internet is for. 

Some lady walks up to my door today and asks for a gallon of 2% milk, with a $5 bill, keep the penny (because it's $3.99). So I bring her her milk and dollar bill, and as we make our bartering exchange, she says to me "Ah, that coffee smells so good" Caught off guard, I passively dismiss her with an Mhmm.. and she walks away. The reason it caught me off guard was that I had the coffee burners off for at least an hour and a half, and the coffee pots had been dumped, cleaned, and put back. There was no trace of coffee or the aroma of coffee in my shop for over an hour. So whatever this lady was smellin, it sure wasn't coffee. 

There's a girl, woman, young woman? who comes every time I'm working, and probably every other day too. She gets a pack of newport 100s and a small Redbull. and it comes to $11.25, every time. and she has exact change, every time. She's one of the most beautiful people I've ever seen. She has brown hair and exaggerated cheek bones, and big eyes, but I can never tell what color they are. maybe brown, maybe green. She looks like Olivia Wilde. She comes with her boyfriend most times though. I like that such beautiful people exist. It makes me happy. 

I'm still reading Paper Towns, and I'm about 2/3 of the way done. I don't read a book without a pen in hand. to underline my favorite parts. but god forbid I do forget to grab a pen, and there isn't one in the immediate area, I do this thing where I fold the corners of the pages with the quotes on them that I like. and then I go back later on to the folded pages, and I reread them, looking for the quote. and on more than one occasion, I've reread a page over and found no such quote. I find nothing significantly interesting at all. How strange is it that our minds can be thinking one thing at one point in time, and something completely different at another. Besides the universe and the earth's oceans, the brain has the most undiscovered things about it I would say. There's so much we don't know. There's a lot of the "whats" and "hows" and "wheres" .. but not a lot of "whys". The whys are ALWAYS the most important thing in the world. always ask why, if you ask anything at all. 

Here are some quotes that I like. Even though you're reading them out of context, you could try giving them their own context maybe. 

"I mean, at some point, you gotta stop looking up at the sky. or one of these days you'll look back down and see that you floated away, too."

"you know your problem, Quentin? You keep expecting people not to be themselves."

"humans lack good mirrors. It's so hard for anyone to show us how we look, and so hard for us to show anyone how we feel." this quote is especially a favorite for me. I dunno, just is.

"Isn't it also that on some fundamental level we find it difficult to understand that other people are human beings in the same way that we are? We idealize them like gods or dismiss them as animals." this one as well. hits a soft spot. 

"Consciousness makes for poor windows" 

"I honestly never thought of her as anything but my crazy beautiful friend who does all the crazy beautiful things" 




Stocked the cooler with 30 minutes left on the job. 35 degrees in there. which is 2 above freezing. My hands were purple and ashy, and my nose was running down my face by the time I was done. *singing* Closingggg timeeee, you don't have to go home but you can't. stay. here *singing* yep. goin' home. definitely. immediately time for cookie pants. purple one's with owls on them. Oh look time to blog. OH WAIT. time to delete my entire blog and have to spend an hour retyping it.. ah c'est la vie. I would rather love and have lost than never having loved at all. That's all I got for ya. Sorry for not posting in five days. here's a song or two or four.. enjoy xx 



She's So mean - Matchbox 20

Save me San Francisco - Train 

Holoscene - Bon Iver 

Arms - Christina Perri