Saturday, November 2

Someday Maggie May

Maggie May - Rod Stewart 
this song is basically magic.

I wish I was wearing a snuggie right now. I'm all cosy in bed wearing my Lehigh sweatpants and a zeta t-shirt ( can you tell I miss school? ) , wrapped up in my tartan flannel sheets, but my arms are out to type on my computer, and they're so chilly from my fan. but if I turn my fan off, my room will be way too hot. it's an unwinnable war. That's a picture of tartan, btw. Basically, it's plaid. but the UK insists that it's tartan. And also, pet peeve, Flannel is a material, not a pattern. Plaid and tartan are patterns, flannel is not. Just clearing that up.

Now then, rewind to this morning. I don't even remember this morning. Some days are just blurry. Thinking back real hard. Breakfast. AH the day started to me waking up to the smoke detectors going off. Great. Just what I wanted to hear. I knew it was due to someone making breakfast meats. That's the only thing that's ever caused the smoke alarms to go off in our house. Except this one time Robbie used his fog machine in the basement in the middle of the night. ahah. Smooth. Since my mom was the one who came in my room to tell me the house wasn't burning down, I assumed Frank was the culprit. Yep, cooking his boyfriend Joey breakfast, like he does every time they have a wittle sweepover. Good thing our neighbor is a fire fighter, because the alarms were going off for a solid 10 minutes. He finally had to disarm them. Such is life. Now what shall I do? oh that's right, lie in bed feeling like I'm going to die. bloating and cramping just isn't a good style.

I had to share this picture. ugh I have the cutest friends.
Look at them. They went as "hannah montana and miley cyrus". They're not even from the united states. I just love it. 

I got a text from an Tori asking to hangout tonight, and since I was in a right miserable mood, I decided going out could be just what I needed. Luckily, her dad is a comedian/musician and was having a show tonight in town before he leaves for Italy tomorrow. After starting a new tv show, New Girl, on netflix, and taking a much needed nap, I took a shower, got all did up, and went out with my girl. Turns out the venue wasn't as expected. St. Mary's by-the-sea is a local church that I've been to on a few occasions, volunteering for thanksgiving and Christmas delivering food and toys. Organized religion just doesn't make sense to me because I wasn't brought up with it, and places of worship just give. me. the. creeps. While I'm listening to Gary's comedy bit, I see pictures of starving children, and a cross with dead Jesus on it on the wall. The two just don't seem to mix well, comedy and room full of religious figures. and It's creepy to me I dunno. No offense, it's just not my thing. Despite the fact that was in a church, we had a really good time. Although, we were the youngest people in the room by about 30 years. We walked in the back doors because it's her dad's show so we didn't have to pay, and there were just tables full of old people looking at us. We were the only teens there, guaranteed(spelled that on the third try). After the show, we stuck around a little bit saying hellos and how are yous to some people that we knew, and then we blew out of there. Instead of going home, we went for a long drive down 35, listening to good music and talking about secrets and life and lots of things. I was genuinely happy. Smile plastered to my face like a fool. Tori just gets me. We've been friends since the 7th grade, and she's always been someone I can turn to, and even if we go up to a couple months without talking because we're caught up in our own lives, we can always pick up right were we left off. That's the kind of friendships that are hard to come by, effortless ones. Tori's always had good taste, in music and clothes and pretty much life. I like her because she doesn't judge me. And neither do any of my other really good friends, and you know exactly who you are, yes I'm talking to you. I can tell you guys things that I'm not ready to tell everyone else yet because I know you'll love me no matter what. Things that I think might be a big deal I am reassured aren't even a deal at all. And I love you for that. 

We drove up and down 35, parallel to the ocean and the bay, reminiscing of pre-Sandy times. If any of you who aren't from the Jersey shore know about Hurricane Sandy or read about Hurricane Sandy, just know that it still affects us to this day, one year later. and so many people's homes are still in ruins and piles of rubble. Not that it makes any difference to you realistically, but maybe it'll help you with perspective in your life. Just because something didn't affect you at all, doesn't mean other people aren't immensely influence by it. Food for thought. Broaden your mental horizons, my dears. it's healthy.

Another topic of discussion we had in the car was the definition of Cool. I'm not sure there really is a set in stone definition of Cool. In high school, there were obviously a group of kids we perceived as cool kids, whom we strived to be like, talk to, hang out with, or even be seen with. And obviously I was not one of those kids. But most of the kids I idolized turned into people I would never dream of wanting to be in million years. I like who I am now, and I like who my friends are, and that's that. There's nobody worthy enough to even compare ourselves to. Except our absolute idols, like pop stars or famous authors or actors or actresses or singers, but even then, why try and be like them when you can be your very own self? Because if you were somebody else, then there would be no you. I'm constantly reminded of that by one of my friends, and couldn't be more grateful to have someone tell me that they like me just the way I am. Pretty sure you know who you are. No names needed. And I love you for you too. Don't change. Ever. Because I need you to be you, in order for me to be me. You're my inspiration to be myself. So remember kiddies, being cool is a myth. The kids that are cool are the ones that aren't aware that they're cool at all. They're the ones who are just truly, and utterly themselves. I guess that's my definition of cool, anyway. 

A couple pictures and a song, and that pretty much wraps up this post. Bonne Nuit. 



Got this yesterday on a bike ride with mom. Easily the most delicious thing I've ever tasted. #LinzerTart #MuellersBakery

Muh girl <3 




someday - the strokes

enjoy.