Sunday, November 17

Letters to Jackie

Let's just say one of the best things that's ever happened was when a way to auto-save documents was created. because guess who just accidentally exited out of the tab with this post in it without saving it to a draft manually this. This girl. Yep. when I came back, it was still here. Hallelujah.

I woke up this morning to the cutest cat I've ever seen, curled up at the end of my bed. We had a cat when I was younger but he died by the time I was 10. I'm not used to cuddly, fluffy, confusing love that you get from a cat. I say confusing because you pet them, and they pur, and they love it, and yet, they just want to bite you. They run away from you when you want to love them, but when you sit down alone on your computer, then want to be in your lap. Even though it's confusing love, it's still love, so I'll take it. If two cats I just met yesterday can love me, I should be able to love me too.



I watched more TV today than I usually do. Two things on that peaked my interest, both being on TLC. Which stands for "The Learning Channel" btw. In case any of you didn't know. Because believe me, I know some of you didn't know that. The first show is Long Island Medium. My name is Theresa Caputo. and I talk to dead people. I think the show is amazing. I'm not sure how corny and fake you think it is, but I think it's truly fantastic. There have been so many real things that happened on that show, and she's just a person, with a family, and well.. talks to dead people. There was a normal episode on, followed by a "questions" episode where theresa and her family answer fan questions. It was interesting to see them not necessarily "acting". I like that. I like seeing my favorite actors and actresses in interviews, because it makes them more real. American Horror Story this week touched on the afterlife, or, lackthereof. I'm not too concerned about it. Either there is something or there isn't something, but How are we going to know anyway? Cause we'll be dead. Maybe the time we're alive is the only time we get. and maybe there's so much more. Regardless, it doesn't matter, because we'll never know. In american Horror story, they bring a girl back from the dead and her friend asks her if she saw a bright light, and she said no. just darkness. black. Obviously that's just a fiction tv series' take on it, but it's food for thought. 

The next show, which I am currently watching is "Letters to Jackie: Remembering JFK". It's amazing. How little I knew about JFK. Turns out he was assassinated in Dallas, TX. Good to know. He was the youngest president the US has ever had, elected at 43. He was the first president to be born in the 20th century. I can't imagine what it's like to find out the leader of your nation is dead. The show said people just started breaking down and weeping in the streets. I'm not sure if they were so upset because they lost John F. Kennedy the person, or John F. Kennedy the President. Because He seems like one of those guys that you feel like you know without ever meeting. I'm not sure how I would feel if the President was assassinated right now. Obviously I would be sad, because he's a human being, and a father, husband, all that. But how would I feel, how would it impact me in short term and long term? I'm not sure. Same goes for 9-11. For every day of my life up until and including 9-10-01, I lived a world where the twin towers were just really tall pretty buildings. Who knew that the falling of those towers would forever scar the date 9-11 for everyone in my generation and older. It blows my mind that kids who are 12, 13, 14.. aren't old enough to remember it. Not saying that being 7 years old I knew the impact it had on the world right then and there, but I at least remember it happening, being pulled out of school, watching the news, etc. and I'm sure that's how people feel about the JFK assassination, or at least similarly. I wasn't alive for it, it didn't affect me truly and actually. But it's still important because it's a part of this country's history, and he was just an awesome guy, who was a son and a husband and a father. This show is just proving to me that people care about other people. Because it's not called "letters about JFK" its specifically called Letters to Jackie, because that's what these people were doing. Writing to a woman who just lost her husband. It makes me smile a sad smile.

"I thought if the american people cried hard enough and long enough, that we would wake up" 
Like when Tinkerbell was dying in Peter Pan, if the children clapped loud enough, and America cried hard enough, She would wake up, and the nightmare would be gone. I feel like we all feel like this sometimes. I know I have. about one thing or another. That maybe if you close your eyes as hard as you can, when you open them, it'll be true. 

I feel like we don't have figures as "great" as ones that existed in the past. Who is the modern day JFK or MLK? Who will there be holidays for when My children have children?

Handwritten letters are so underrated. We should all write letters more.

We renamed our cats again. Now the Little kitty is named Katniss, and we're calling the black one Felix. He really warmed up to me today. By midday he was following me around and letting me pet him, and right now he's snuggled up next to me sleeping as I type this. Kitty isn't too far either, just an arms reach away, being as cute as ever.


a song from one of my favorite movies, 500 days of summer, with zooey deschanel and Joseph gordon-levitt

enjoy.